Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up small home studio, need advice.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

madtheory wrote: »
    h one AKG omnidirectional dynamic mic, compressed with the Pro Tools version of the 1176.

Ah! Yes that's a cracking mic for drum rooms and for guitar amps too. Very British, what was that mic called again? I remember what it looks like but can't remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

It's an AKG D-130, the reporters mic. It's great. But maybe you're thinking of the other one with the dual diaphragms and crossover? That's well cool that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bedubaya

for a budget around 700, id recommend getting a firewire interface, an 8 input one, for example, a Presonus Firepod. (400-ish) and with whatever you have left buy mics and cables, and if you cant afford monitors but a good pair of studio headphones. try and get everything used, that will significantly expand what you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

I would beg to differ.:rolleyes:

agreed

i nkow many people friends and other(who ui begrudgingly admit are talented) record and produce quality within a budget

some people get carried away and spend way more than is neccesary but like all things you should start off small adn work your way up (ie. learn to walk before you run)

Advertisement