Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Insurance Company??

Options
  • 27-07-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has herd of the Insurance Company Canada Life. They called me and wanted to meet about reviewing my insurance policys to give me a better quote. I am not with them for insurance all ready & they want me to change. They say they have offices around the country. I googled their name & found this site http://www.canadalife.com/003/Home/index.htm

Anyone with them? Or know if they are chancers of legit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

They're HUGE and have been around since year dot.

http://www.canadalife.ie/index.shtml

one of the better insurance companies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

They have a big operation (or at least used to) in waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Canada Life are massive and well respected. I've had policies with them for many years, and so have most of my family.

Well worth considering.

They do tend to use a lot of brokers and freelancers to do their local work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭gar_29

(snip)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

As others have said OP, Canada Life are a well established company. Here's the link to their Irish website: http://www.canadalife.ie/index.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Did they cold call you? I didn't think that they were allowed to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

More like how did they know what you have ensured, and how did they get your contact details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Suzyq wrote: »
    Did they cold call you? I didn't think that they were allowed to do that.

They called me, yes.
    the_syco wrote: »
    More like how did they know what you have ensured, and how did they get your contact details?

I don't know, random people chosen? Telephone book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Why would they call you?You haven't even sat your junior cert :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Why would they call you?You haven't even sat your junior cert :confused:

Its the house phone they rang, not my mobile.
    When I answered they started talking to me about the policy we had, I stopped her & I asked could I take a message & I told her someone would call back.
    Then I just wanted to see if they were a legit company. Which is the reason for the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

padocon wrote: »
    Its the house phone they rang, not my mobile.
    When I answered they started talking to me about the policy we had, I stopped her & I asked could I take a message & I told her someone would call back.
    Then I just wanted to see if they were a legit company. Which is the reason for the thread.

Oh i thought if they rang your mobile they haven't got a very good phonebook for potential clients :pac:

Advertisement