Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer reading list

Options
  • 27-07-2009 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Ill be in the NUIG MA Irish studies program this upcoming September, and my adviser just sent us all a summer reading list.

Now, I don't know if this is common practice in Ireland to get a summer reading list....but we don't here in the states. So I have a question.

The list has 27 books on it...some more than 500 pages, and seeing as there are only four weeks left to the start of the program, would you say they expect us to read all the books on there, or just select a few to read before the start of term?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Fergus08

Don't fret. Dip in to a couple that look interesting to you. My understanding is they're just to get you orientated in a course. Some reading lists, even for some undergrad modules, would push a doctoral student, if every item on them was actually read. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SíonannMáire

thanks, I really appreciate the insight.

Advertisement