Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isn't a cup of Tea great?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

brummytom wrote: »
    Sure isn't his brother a doctor?.. he can fix him up

Fr Ted Sado :pac:

* whistles *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Espresso and a cigarette, the breakfast of champions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭username4321

Espresso and a cigarette, the breakfast of champions :D

you're right can't beat a coffee to wake you up.
    tea is an evening drink tbf.

ive been known to drink 11 cups of tea from 5.30pm-11pm :cool:

my oesophagus i'm convinced is stripped from the hot drinks that now i can pour boiling water into a cup and drink it straight away. infact its nicer the hotter it is. None of this 'letting it cool' business.
    I'm well ard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I'll put the kettle on.

I really love tea, wouldn't be without it. Think I'm on my eighth cup so far today. There shall be more though. Lots more, and I shall be happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Smyth wrote: »
    Use the cooker. Bringin it back 'ol skool innit!

I now have tea!

The saucepan has saved my life once more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Just poured my second of the day...i love tea i do

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Yummmmm, its Tea-rific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I was on a J1 couple of years ago and my first time in the USA. I went into an internet café to check my email cos we had no interweb in the house at the time.

I saw you could get tea in the internet café so I asked for a medium tea. The guy behind the counter asked what kind of tea? While waving his hand past a selection of 30 different types of tea. I got scared and just asked for a bottle of water instead.

I was young and inexperienced to the ways of the world. I never knew there was more than one type of tea, growing up in Ireland if you asked for tea you got tea, there was really only two kinds (Barry's or Lyon's) and u just got whatever was going, i was completely shocked that there was different flavours of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Hazys wrote: »
    I was on a J1 couple of years ago and my first time in the USA. I went into an internet café to check my email cos we had no interweb in the house at the time.

I saw you could get tea in the internet café so I asked for a medium tea. The guy behind the counter asked what kind of tea? While waving his hand past a selection of 30 different types of tea. I got scared and just asked for a bottle of water instead.

I was young and inexperienced to the ways of the world. I never knew there was more than one type of tea, growing up in Ireland if you asked for tea you got tea, there was really only two kinds (Barry's or Lyon's) and u just got whatever was going, i was completely shocked that there was different flavours of tea.
    Lol, I know the feeling. I resorted to always asking for a "hot, black tea". But even then it's not the same as at home. (Regular) tea in the States is so weak it's not worth having. Whenever I came across a shop that sold Barry's it was a good day (the price wasn't so good however).

• Advertisement

Whenever I came across a shop that sold Barry's it was a good day (the price wasn't so good however).

you can't put a price on happiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

It makes me :)
    First thing I bought when I moved into my new flat was a kettle and a pack of tetleys extra strong tea bags. :):)
    They blow the frikken head off ya! :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Nothing like a nice cup of tea to relax and calm you down :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tea/brew/cup o scald how i love thee. I am a fully fledged bona fide card carrying tea-aholic and i love it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Have to get a hot drop now................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

tinyfox wrote: »
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tea/brew/cup o scald how i love thee. I am a fully fledged bona fide card carrying tea-aholic and i love it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Have to get a hot drop now................

Addiction to tea-ahol is nothing to be grinning about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

tech77 wrote: »
    Addiction to tea-ahol is nothing to be grinning about.

Side effect from drinking too much tea :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Hi
    I am The Paws and I am a tea-aholic!!

I can drink tea all day including before I go to bed!
    It is great to hear that I am not the only one! heh he heh

I know alot of people who dont drink tea and coffee ( I dont drink coffee) but I cant understand.....why no tea!! Imagine no tea all day...i'll cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

I'm grinning because i've passed the hardest step........admitting I have a problem

also because i'm drinking another cup :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Sluuuuuuuuuuuurp.

Barry's Green label tea bag, mug full of boiling water, good and strong with a drop of milk.

Gave up sugar for lent 20 years ago, now I can detect 2 grains of the stuff in a cup.

Just have to keep an eye on the aluminum build up over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Sluuuuuuuuuuuurp.

Barry's Green label tea bag, mug full of boiling water, good and strong with a drop of milk.

Gave up sugar for lent 20 years ago, now I can detect 2 grains of the stuff in a cup.

Just have to keep an eye on the aluminum build up over time.

I gave up the sugar too, now I can't bear it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

bronte wrote: »
    I gave up the sugar too, now I can't bear it!

I'm another one. I've been skimping on the milk a bit lately too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Sugar in tea is a crime against the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Don't know why you'd put sugar in tea, is it not perfect enough that people have to go trying to improve on it?!

I have a reflex now whereby I come in the door and flick on the kettle. I have also trained two friends to do the same. :pac:

The boyfriend hates it though...don't really know what to do when he says no to my generous and frequent offers of tea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

Tea is what will get us all through the recession*. That's how amazing it is.

*apologies for using the "r" word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm on Choice Earl Grey Organic tea, just delightful. Other than that, Lyons Gold Blend Reserve. A very small amount of sugar, maybe half a tea spoon or so and a drop o' milk. Pink wafer snack or penguin on the side. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I don't like the stuff.

Hang on now and I'll put the kettle on .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Ollchailin wrote: »
    Tea is what will get us all through the recession*. That's how amazing it is.

*apologies for using the "r" word

Thats kind of ironic considering its value some time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Life without tea would not be worth living.

On the rare occasions that I slip up and run out of teabags, I'm like a man posessed. Much as I love coffee as well, it just doesn't cut it as a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 another1

People ....I am not a religious person but you're going too far...and all of these people that pressed the button for Thanks...
    Cup of tea won't fix a lot of things...Can't you think up something else to put you praise on...?!?"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I do drink more coffee than tea, but I have to have a cup of tea first thing in the morning.

It's all the antioxidants I love in tea ,like I'm sure it's those little fellahs that's keeps me going ...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Duckjob wrote: »
    Life without tea would not be worth living.

On the rare occasions that I slip up and run out of teabags, I'm like a man posessed. Much as I love coffee as well, it just doesn't cut it as a replacement.

Couldn't agree more. I could survive without sex, football or maybe even alcohol for 2 weeks but going a week without tea would definitely be impossible...I'm currently on my 9th cup of tea today which is about average...and yes a cup of tea does help with all the problems of the world!

I went to New York for a week 6 months ago and the only thing I missed about Ireland was a proper cup of tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Never caught the tea bug. Only drink it to get a break from the office for a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Latchy wrote: »
    It's all the antioxidants I love in tea ,like I'm sure it's those little fellahs that's keeps me going ...:)

Yeah, tea is probably a lot healthier than coffee, but there's something about a good cup of coffee (arguably more evocative (?) than tea).

Went through a phase where i quit coffee-drinking for tea (a health-conscious thing)- but back again drinking coffee.

tech77 wrote: »
    Yeah, tea is probably a lot healthier than coffee, but there's something about a good cup of coffee (arguably more evocative (?) than tea).

Went through a phase where i quit coffee-drinking for tea (a health-conscious thing)- but back again drinking coffee.
    I tend to drink coffee when I am out having a meal either before, after , or both but at home am mainly a tea drinker ,at least 10 cups a day .( hate weak tea)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 yeahsure

ah jazus! i love a good cup of tea after a long day,been drinking it for years and have tried most brands,i finally settled on punjana,something about it just settles me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I love tea, I really do. My name evens starts with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm putting on the kettle right now.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I don't see the point of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God I love tea! I would love a cup of tea right now but you can't get plain boiling water out of the coffee vending machine (their excuse for tea is green tea flavoured with mint and saturated with sugar. Bleurgh).

I get the family to send me over Barry's tea when ever I am close to running out. I have to at least have tea for breakfast, otherwise i am not a happy camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tea is a tasteless and pointless liquid.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

/thread

You're obviously not doing it right! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

/thread

Unthanked, you monster!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

/thread

So is piss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Nope, I hate tea/coffee. Rank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Nothing wrong with a cup 'o Tae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

You can bate the wife, but you can't bate acuppa tae.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm most content when hangover, tea, spliff and F1 come together to form the perfect Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have many different teas at home, just on sunday my lovely OH bought me some Pure Assam at a market. Lovely stuff.

I drink my tea milkless and sugarless, as the gods intended.

For a normal, run-of-the-mill cup of tea, Lyons can't be beaten.

The culchies can keep their Barry's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement