Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isn't a cup of Tea great?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Just moved onto PG tips meself. Havin one right now....mmmmmmmmm......and some toblerone.....Life is good:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nothing better than getting into the office and having a nice cuppa while checking out your emails. Do it first thing every morning.

As for coffee drinkers..don't get me started on those c0cksuckers..I hate em..
    argh...better save it for the ranting and raving forum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Nothing better than getting into the office and having a nice cuppa while checking out your emails. Do it first thing every morning.

As for coffee drinkers..don't get me started on those c0cksuckers..I hate em..
    argh...better save it for the ranting and raving forum :pac:

Summed up my life there

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I've actually never tried the stuff, don't like coffee either smell of it gives me a pain in my head....but all this just means that I am actually socially unacceptable in Ireland, no matter who's house you go into they offer you tea or coffee, if you say no to both they usually don't know what to do...."Eh....tap water??"...I often feel judged!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

God, I'd actually move back to Ireland, just for a grand ol' cup o tea (none of your fakey wakey ozzie water/tea), awh i really miss Lyons or Barrys Tea, will someone post me some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

LostGirly wrote: »
    I've actually never tried the stuff, don't like coffee either smell of it gives me a pain in my head....but all this just means that I am actually socially unacceptable in Ireland, no matter who's house you go into they offer you tea or coffee, if you say no to both they usually don't know what to do...."Eh....tap water??"...I often feel judged!! :(
    That's because we are judging you.
    foxy06 wrote: »
    Just moved onto PG tips meself. Havin one right now....mmmmmmmmm......and some toblerone.....Life is good:)
    Thats not tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Just made myself a lil tray with my own tea pot and my breakfast on it! Lazy Tuesday <3

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Smyth wrote: »
    Use the cooker. Bringin it back 'ol skool innit!

Don't put the kettle on the cooker though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Never caught the tea bug.
    And all these years I thought tea was made from leaves... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Things to try .........

Assam tea mixed with a little chocolate. Its fab.

There is a new tea room open on the Quay Ushers I think. Its a huge basement really modern. Tip = go to the room with the giant fisht tank.
    Its something else. Unique atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Biggins wrote: »
    Who said anything about "post-coitally?"
    I spice things up and do both at the same time.
    If I can kill two birds with one stone, sure as hell I can fill two holes with one body simultaneously! :D

I'm mister lover, lover man. :cool:

Fair play many men would shy away until they at least got a plastic replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Confab wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if they have tea in Australia? I'm off in six weeks and am bricking it. If they don't have tea I'm taking the next plane to Tesco.

They must have tea sure don't the English own them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hazys wrote: »
    The solution to all life's problems.

It was in the mid 20's and absolutly pissing down on my way into work so i was soaked getting onto the tram this morning. The carrage was jointed and they didnt turn the AC on so i was sweating like a mofo. The tram ended up getting delayed making me miss a meeting. So i was rightly pissed off at my morning so far.

So out i took a bag of Barry's tea from under my desk and had a cup...so relaxing. Even tho I'm a couple of thousand miles away from home, nothing feels more homely like a cup of tea to solve all your worries.

Is there anything a cup of tea can't solve? Disease? War? Please share your stories of how a cup of tea has saved countless lives.

I can't wait to see the TV version of this advert.
    Will you be doing a christmas themed one with a trainset as well?

But yes tea does indeed rock. Noithing like a spliff and a nice pot of tea.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just get a few teabags and put them in the hot water tank.

That way if you want a warm cup of tea, you just turn on the tap.

Result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ooh, I likes!

I ****ing hate those schmaltzy Barrys Tea ads though. Lyons is nicer anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I love tea...If I dont have a slappers breakfast in the morning Im in the horrors for the day....If Im running late for work I dont care I need my tea, If Im late for anything I dont care until I have my tea....tea tea tea tea tea tea tea....or mabey coffee....I actually like coffee....not strong coffee just coffee like Nescafe coffee mmmmm coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

I love the whole tea making thing. You know the playful splash of the tea as it hits the cup. The thrill of adding the milk and watching it settle for a moment before it filters slowly down through the cup changing the colour from dark brown to a lighter brown. Perching an optional jaffa cake on the saucer like a proud soldier standing to attention beside a giant cup of tea.

Just think Father. Remember all the great times we had when I made the tea.

Tea out of a machine is like milk out of a baby's bottle. He doesn't want it out of a bottle he wants it out of his mothers ...

Faith wrote: »
    Sugar in tea is a crime against the world!

black tea with honey is the only way

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

When I am out and about I drink coffee but tea is something I associate with being at home sitting down relaxing.

I am all about the Barrys,inspite of their horrid ads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Tis the greatest beverage ever. If there ever was a tea shortage I'd be fcuked.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There is always time for a nice cup of tea. Sure didn't our Lord himself on the cross pause for a nice cup of tea before giving himself up for the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Tea is disgusting! It's consumption should be made illegal! Coffee ftw!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

kingtut wrote: »
    Tea is disgusting! It's consumption should be made illegal! Coffee ftw!!!

Coffee? Eurgh! Tea ftw!
    Tea's so easy.. no faffin about with granules or straining it and all that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I've taken to Punjana and Tetley's lately. Might be my imagination but Barrys doesn't taste as nice as it used to. In saying that, the nicest cuppa I've every had was in my uncle's in Cavan...made with Barrys tea leaves poured through a strainer into a china cup.
    In Salou last year there was a sign outside a cafe advertising 'scalding tea'...didn't sound very appetising:o.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Hazys wrote: »
    The solution to all life's problems.

It was in the mid 20's and absolutly pissing down on my way into work so i was soaked getting onto the tram this morning. The carrage was jointed and they didnt turn the AC on so i was sweating like a mofo. The tram ended up getting delayed making me miss a meeting. So i was rightly pissed off at my morning so far.

So out i took a bag of Barry's tea from under my desk and had a cup...so relaxing. Even tho I'm a couple of thousand miles away from home, nothing feels more homely like a cup of tea to solve all your worries.

Is there anything a cup of tea can't solve? Disease? War? Please share your stories of how a cup of tea has saved countless lives.

like the ol tea meself but this is all sounding a bit too ray darcy show for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Even on a hot day it quenches thirst fantastically. I need it to start my day otherwise I don't function

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Tea is great

Advertisement