Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Kalkbrenner - Berlin Calling

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Really wanna see this as well...any links mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah I have been searching the internet since melt to find this. You can pre-order the DVD with English subtitles on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

Yeah I only noticed after I started the thread that the dvd is gonna have English subtitles so im happy enough with that!

Think he played over here a while back, anyone go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Looks seriously good though!

Hesho wrote: »

No but he was excellent at the Melt Festival, by far the highlight of my festival was hearing sky and sand!
    I actually had a Paul Kalkbrenner set lined up for my set on the Kitchen Sync last night but I had to go out, Ill play it this wednesday at 10pm if anyone is interested!

• Advertisement

Hesho wrote: »

Pretty sure he played March or so, would like to have gone, think there was something about giving a speech about the film.

Frankly he could drop the film guff and play stuff like this all night and I'd be happy...it's Altes Kamuffel and it's a classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-8e-6_kpk

Yeah thats a quality tune aright,

Its played during the title sequence, found a link to it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMAKtCIoqJo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eberlin%2Dcalling%2Ede%2Fen&feature=player_embedded

Was he playing mainly his own stuff at Melt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I watched it last week. Just downloaded the german version and downloaded a separate subtitles file and threw it into VLC player. Subtitles were a lil bit off in pllaces, but hardly noticeable. I thought the movie was really good. I love the sundtrack, was ragin i missed the gig, it was the night I came home from a snowboarding trip so was completely unable for it.

Mate of mine knew I was looking for he film and emailed the production company a few weeks ago and they said they were still trying to get an english subtitled version sorted and sorting out being able to release it in England and Ireland.

Would love any links to sets of his, havent seen any floating about

Have not came across any sets myself, might try downloading the film like you said and try get the subtitles. Never even knew you could do that! Nice one anyway

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I heard about it a while ago, looks very intersting. I could only find a german version when I looked but must have another look now

• Advertisement

I didn't know either. Was informed by a more techinically competant friend. Oh the power of internets.

There's my subtitles file anyway

http://addat.hu/39d8b14d

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers, I just can't get the dam subtitles to sync up though! Not sure how you are supposed to do it exactly, just drag and drop?

Is your movie file in one or two parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

have this film downloaded and it's in my 'to watch' list ;)

went to see kalkbrenner at melt festival without really knowing too much about the guy and i have to say - he was excellent! 'sky and sand' gave me goosebumps when he played it and it's the first song that comes to mind when i think back to that crazy weekend... top tune!

Melty wrote: »
    have this film downloaded and it's in my 'to watch' list ;)

went to see kalkbrenner at melt festival without really knowing too much about the guy and i have to say - he was excellent! 'sky and sand' gave me goosebumps when he played it and it's the first song that comes to mind when i think back to that crazy weekend... top tune!

Likewise

I downloaded the film in a torrent from Piratebay so i got it all in one. Your probably better off doing it that way. Are you playing it in VLC?

whatever I do I cannot get this to work. Movie is in two parts, subs are in two seperate files, but they don't line up at all. Even reading the subs inside the file does not look like it matches when you watch it.

Someone pm me please if you have one that just works

Im downloading it now, if it works with the seperate subtitles file I will let you know

Thanks.

I tried for ages last night but could not get it. It starts the subs straight away even though there is a few mins of silence. But even if I drop them in when the talking starts, it does not make sense.

GGrrrrrr

Just get the torrent and it should work grand. I heard similar stories with people who downloaded the film from rar files

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Watched it two nights ago in german, Danke schön is as far as my german goes but just watched it for the soundtrack really, its quality. Will probable order it online and watch it with the subtitles at some stage..

• Advertisement

Watched this last night and it was excellent. I agree you could watch it without subtitles and still know what is going on. The subtitles I have are perfectly in sync but the translation is very poor.

The Double-DVD comes out 7th SEPTEMBER 2009 with English Subtitles. If you haven't seen it yet its well worth a watch. The soundtrack is sooo good :)

You can order it from here

Came across this Berlin Calling Storyboard thought it was mildly interesting :p

I did watch the movie - it was good, but not brilliant. However I think it was spoiled by crappy subs. I will watch it again when the proper subs etc are out.

The soundtrack is great, but its better when you have seen the film and can place the music etc.

Wow that storyboard is cool!

Comes out where? Might pick up a few copies for xmas presents and the likes

Via the Interweb id imagine.

Advertisement