Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Frank's original BBQ sauce in/around Sligo

Options
  • 27-07-2009 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I guess most of you have never heard of Frank's Original BBQ sauce but if anyone has and knows of a place in Sligo or close by that still sells it please let me know.

Tesco used to sell it but they took it of their shelves when they lowered prices and changed their product line.

Anyways if anyone sees the sauce anywhere please let me know. (picture is attached)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

We stocked up a while back.

I'll sell you a bottle for 10 euro :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Haha - better return than the stock mkt. - lol

There must be some left somewhere. Just have to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Did you try Kate's Kitchen or Cosgrove's?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I know its not Sligo, but my local Centra in Drogheda has started stocking it (thankfully) so maybe try a Centra or Supervalu?

yeah checked out Centra today + 2 different Spar's + Tesco + Dunnes. No luck unfortunately.

Checked out Kate's Kitchen a while ago and they didnt have it.

P.S. yeah it seems that all the Supermkt chains do their own thing. Some Tesco's in Ireland still offer them (might be leftover stock) while others dont. Same with Centra, Spar etc. Its strange but it really seems like they offer different items besides their core products ofcourse in different Regions.

Thats why I figured I'd ask here because I am sure with the amount of ppl following the Sligo Thread every possible Supermkt in/around Sligo has been covered and maybe someone has seen the sauce somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Sad to hear this is off the shelves in Sligo.
    It can be got on any amount of websites though

SEE: http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=110

They also do the extra hot extra nice one http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=87

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

thanks for that site! Didn't know it yet!

Several ppl in the bargain section have reported that SPAR has Frank's sauce. I went to the one across the train station and the one on pearse rd. but they didnt have it.

So earlier today I called Spar HQ but all the buyers were on their lunch break and when I tried to call back after 2pm my Internet phone service didn't work.

I will try to call them again tomorrow. I hope they are so advanced that they only have to put in Frank's sauce into their computer and tell me what Spar stores close to Sligo have it.

Anyways we'll see tomorrow.

Thanks for the link btw.

Just a quick update. Spar does offer Franks sauce but unfortunately not in the Sligo stores. I talked to Spar HQ and they said mostly stores around Dublin have it but she said the sauce is in their central Billing system and any Spar store can order it.

So I just called the Spar on Pearse rd. and they said they will order it if they can. I don't need more than 2 bottles, so if she can order it and somebody wants the sauce too let me know and I can tell her to order a few more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fender69

Guys,
    Franks has been listed by all but the smallest Dunnes Stores.
    It has also been taken on by Superquinn.
    Musgraves (Supervalue & Centra group) buy it into stores at local level (its not a head office agreed line, but if enough of us ask the question.!!!)
    Tesco dont carry it anymore since they moved a lot of their purchasing back to the UK :-(
    Spar and Londis also buy on a store by store basis.
    Finally Musgrave Cash and Carry outlets stock the 3.7L versions!
    Hope this helps other fans like myself

• Advertisement

Thx fender I checked Dunnes about 2 weeks back and they didn't have any but will check again

You should chat to Cecil or Raymond in Supervalu in Ballisodare and they will enquire for you if it is available.I don't work there but they are very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

rh555 wrote: »
    Thx fender I checked Dunnes about 2 weeks back and they didn't have any but will check again

Did Cannings not get it for you?

I would ask Cosgroves on Market Street to order it in for you, I'm sure they would if possible.

I had a friend get it for me in Carrick-on-Shannon when he drives home to Longford but they didn't have any last time. I hope they just ran out but my friend said the space where they usually were was filled with a different sauce and there was no price label for Franks anywhere.

I tried to order it from Spar on Pears Rd. a while ago before I found out about Carrick on Shannon but they never got back to me.

I may ask Dunnes if they can get it in although their sauce section is very small but it seems from another thread that many Dunnes stores all over Ireland do stock it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Supervalu in Bundoran have it. Opposite the fresh chicken.
    Got myself 2 bottles only last Sunday.

They always have it too as I regularly shop there and get it.

Advertisement