Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving around turns

• 27-07-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering would anyone be able to help me with a problem I'm having with my driving. :(

I'm having difficulty taking turns! For example if you're driving along in 3rd gear and want to change down to 2nd to take the turn, you would brake, then clutch goes in and you change to 2nd......then I find it difficult knowing what to do after that...

Do you let the clutch out slowly while keeping the brake pressed cos sometimes I do this but then the car slows down too much....

..Or do you release the clutch and brake together and go back on your accelerator?

I find it really difficult with sharp turns!

I would be soooo grateful if anyone had any tips for me to help with this cos it's really bugging me!!

Thank you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sunjammer

It sounds like you are not slowing the car early enough, it is slow (brake) then gear change then turn.. It sounds like you are trying to do all at once. It will come to you with practice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭jenny4385

slow down and ya should be in second gear two car lengths away from the corner, taking foot off the clutch slowly with foot lightly on brake stops car jumpin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭biomech

deffo the wierdest case of double posting ive ever seen.... although they could be trying to bring down the whole boards network with mindboggling riddles that no one can give an answer to.... basically OP its next to impossible to help with most practical driving issues on a forum.... i could just tell you that you slowed down the car away too much,,,, try driveing at twice that speed? how sharp is the bend?? about this much . . . > if you cant figure that much out please tell me your not driving around by yourself??? unsupervised?? a good instructor will sort you out in ten minutes and if not get a new instructor :P

Advertisement