Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Naas

Options
  • 27-07-2009 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I just got a job in Naas so will be moving there in the next week or so.The thing is,Im not familiar with the area at all so Im just wondering are there are any areas I should avoid and conversely,are there any areas people could recommend.
    Or if anyone knows of a decent place for reasonable rent (250 - 300 PM) I would appreciate a heads up.I have been checking out daft so a link is not neccessary!
    Cheers,
    Ned.

(Mods,if this is inappropriate then I apologise and please delete)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DomShelley

alright Ned,

Used to live in Naas, lived in esmondale, Ehm, would stay away from Poccelli Rd, Our Ladies Place any where around these places, even Sarto Park. Just few experiences. Not too sure whats nice any more, would move to Newbridge if i were you, nicer town. Never had a problem with anyone in the town. As for rent, god €300 pm is very cheap, for that price your prob looking at a one bed apartment in a dump, no offense. Def Newbridge is better though.

Sorry couldn't be much more help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Yeah a friend of mine lives in Esmondale there on Kilcullen side. Maybe no bother there cos it's close to Garda Station?
    Op, would you consider a commute?
    Newbridge, Carlow are two fine towns within spitting-distance.
    Sallins too on Arrow Line has feeder buses (but only at certain times of day & not at all on Sundays!) & places on Arrow like Portlaoise, Portarlington, Kildare, Hazelhatch etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

What side of the town is your work? The nicest areas are Oldtown, Oldtown Demense (probably out of your budget), Aylmer Park, Oakglade. The really really nice parts are more mature estates that wouldn't really have rooms to rent (Paddocks, Blessington Rd, Kilashee etc) There are regularly rooms to rent in Aylmer Park on Daft that would suit your budget. You'd need 850 to get an apartment to yourself in Naas, say in Oakglade. I'd avoid New Caragh, the heart of the Monread 'triangle' and anywhere that doesn't really look too hectic.

I disagree with people telling you to live in Newbridge and commute- Naas is a great town to live in with lots of gorgeous restaurants and little boutiques (for the ladies!), nice pubs, The Court is a great pub/ nightclub and there are loads of sports and social clubs to get involved in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

newbridge is a kip!! :eek: sallins is ok, monread is pretty dodgy,but ok in parts, i doubt youd find anywhere to rent near pacelli rd/sarto park anyway because its all old people and families living there.. i think u just have to look around and get a feel for each place really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sallysox

If you're looking for somewhere to stay short-term, there's great B&B just outside Naas in Johnstown (regular bus into Naas-takes about 10 minutes). Rooms are generally €28, but if you were just staying casually for a few weeks, the landlady Joan would do a deal for you-could be a good base if you're looking around for somewhere to rent. Her number is 045897006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

SueWho wrote: »
    What side of the town is your work? The nicest areas are Oldtown, Oldtown Demense (probably out of your budget), Aylmer Park, Oakglade. The really really nice parts are more mature estates that wouldn't really have rooms to rent (Paddocks, Blessington Rd, Kilashee etc) There are regularly rooms to rent in Aylmer Park on Daft that would suit your budget. You'd need 850 to get an apartment to yourself in Naas, say in Oakglade. I'd avoid New Caragh, the heart of the Monread 'triangle' and anywhere that doesn't really look too hectic.

I disagree with people telling you to live in Newbridge and commute- Naas is a great town to live in with lots of gorgeous restaurants and little boutiques (for the ladies!), nice pubs, The Court is a great pub/ nightclub and there are loads of sports and social clubs to get involved in.
    Why would you avoid New Caragh?

Advertisement