Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delgany

• 27-07-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Need to know how busy a village delgany is for setting up a shop. Are there many offices/schools/shops in the village? Is it busy on the weekend?
    Any insights much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭geem

Delgany is tiny, off license, pub, shop, don't know if it needs any more.
    Can be congested as people use it access N11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Delgany had 3 pubs but now 2 and even 1 of them is not doing much business.
    There is a grocery shop,a great butchers shop, coffee/sandwich shop, 2 pubs, 1 off licence, Estate agency, small garage and filling station. A C. of I. church and primary school just outside the village. Delgany golf course is close to the village. There is a small health centre. A Carmelite convent in the village with R.C. church. Lots of houses in the area but the village has very little safe parking cos of the narrow roads and the fact the village is situated on a T junction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

It really is a tiny place, what kind of shop are you thinking? It's cool if you don't wanna say.
    What about Greystones? That towns coming on in leaps and bounds since a couple years ago, it's a beautiful community. And it's just down the road really. Could be worth investigating? Only disadvantage is I think it really has just about everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

plenty of vacant shop units in Greystones at the moment, you might be able to haggle a good rent. I wouldn't open a shop in Delgany, its a very quiet spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I agree. There are one or two decent shops in Delgany including Farrelly's, an excellent old-school organic butchers, but the place is such a PITA for general access and parking (unless you're one of the 'couldn't give a damn, just stick it up on the kerb on a double-yellow on a bend' merchants this country is full of) that I just can't be bothered. Greystones is a much better option IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

As above, nice village, but I would'nt even consider shopping there as parking is unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

Hey I know this is an old Thread, but someone has just opened a shop, restaurant, bakery, flower shop in Delgany. It's called The Delgany Grocer and is located in one of the old pubs. I have yet to visit, but have heard great things about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hey I know this is an old Thread, but someone has just opened a shop, restaurant, bakery, flower shop in Delgany. It's called The Delgany Grocer and is located in one of the old pubs. I have yet to visit, but have heard great things about it.

More information here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement