Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Occuring theme in dreams

Options
  • 27-07-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help a girl out here.
    A bit of backround info anyway, Im 19 just finished my leaving there and going to be moving out (not too far) of the family home and going 2 college in september.
    From about April til presently I have been having a lot of airport/plane related dreams!
    The first was with my mam and we were going somewhere but I broke away from the group and nearly missed the flight.Thank god I ran into one of the party members and I got on the flight. The dream ended.

The second was more random airport scenes- short, the coming and going nowhere type dream.

A few more times airports and planes popped up into my dreams, most i never reached the destination or made the flight. The instances I got on the flight I woke up before I reached my destination.

Then they stopped for a while while I was away on holidays to Greece for a month. But since I've been back again, last night. I had a dream I was in an airport alone and couldnt find the check-in desk.

In all these dreams there is a sense of panic and anxiety of not having enough time,being alone and not knowing what is going on.
    Do u think this could represent my going to college or what?
    Ive also been going through depression and other personal issues all through sixth year that I haven't really dealt with yet.

any input would be really cool thanks guys :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cheesetastic

Cool dreams and well deducted yourself! I would say without a doubt it's related to your imminent 'departure' or 'take-off' into the new adventures that college will bring and it's only normal to be concerned and nervous about where it may bring you and to not know how to 'check in' or where you're going. The missing planes means you don't think youre ready but nervousness and confusion aside there is nothing negative in your dreams to be scared of. Seeing a plane in itself in fact means that you'll overcome obstacles and 'soar' higher than you even think you can with your new found freedom. Seeing an airport means a desire for freedown, high ideals, hopes and ambitions but all in all it means new starts and adventures and your well able for it!! Best of luck girl - enjoy the flight!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Any dream involving travelling on 'planes/trains/automobiles usually signifies an anxiety about a change of direction your life is, or is about to, take.

For example, I have a recurring dream about being on the 'wrong' train and panicking about it, or waiting at a station for a train that never came.

The fact that you're alone in the dream would to me also signify that you're anxious about how you'll cope on your own outside the family.

Advertisement