Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern warfare 2 multiplayer footage

• 27-07-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Clicki want :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Looks great and pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, although, the ability to get into a helicopter? I really would prefer if that was left out of multiplayer. If you have helicopter skills, it means your inline for a great K/D ratio and will probably win the round.

Although, was that a lock-on ability with the RPG? That would solve the problem if it was one RPG, one destroyed helicopter. There shouldn't be a blatantly obvious weapon or vehicle you can use to boost your score.

The mounted guns from COD4 were great. If you seen somebody they were screwed, but it was easy to come up behind and stab them in the back while they were using it. Every extra vehicle/weapon should have a just as effective counter action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

im sure theyll balance it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Looks great and pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, although, the ability to get into a helicopter? I really would prefer if that was left out of multiplayer. If you have helicopter skills, it means your inline for a great K/D ratio and will probably win the round.

Although, was that a lock-on ability with the RPG? That would solve the problem if it was one RPG, one destroyed helicopter. There shouldn't be a blatantly obvious weapon or vehicle you can use to boost your score.

Not a helicopter. It's the AC-130 as featured in the single player game in 4 - which means you'll only be directing the fire not the craft and probably for a limited time/shots. As said above, you can be sure it'll be offset by some other perk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody else hear that it'll be dearer than a normal new release. Heard that in Britain instead fo being £45, the price that new releases usually are, it'll b3 £55 so you can expect an extra €15 for us I assume :mad:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=12058

Let's hope every other publisher follows suit :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

plus you need an 11 kill streak.. I must say looks amazing!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I just pants my ****.

That looked amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Looks brilliant.

I can't wait for it to come out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

My god....roll on November!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

dazftw wrote: »
    plus you need an 11 kill streak.. I must say looks amazing!

Ah, indeed. I missed the start of the video about using it when you get an 11 kill streak. Thats a very important detail!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Ah, indeed. I missed the start of the video about using it when you get an 11 kill streak. Thats a very important detail!

I wonder if they'll put in some visual que when someone is on 10 kills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Not a helicopter. It's the AC-130 as featured in the single player game in 4 - which means you'll only be directing the fire not the craft and probably for a limited time/shots. As said above, you can be sure it'll be offset by some other perk.

yea thats it, im sure it will just pass over once instead of calling in the helicopter after 10 kills.

Looks amazing

aside from the ac130, any other things people noticed that perked interest?

the point system looks to be alot more dynamic, at least visually with it flashing up all bold and such.

A touch of the cap for halo 3 with the sticky grenades

Though I am most curious about the onboard motion tracker for the machine gun.

A varient instead of a scope/red dot/silencer most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm hoping Bunny Hopping is limited, as in a stamina bar that after you jump depletes the stamina bar to save from people just jumping everywhere.

Also hoping they have an inbuilt mod such as PAM for Readying up in leagues etc.

The game will be one of the biggest selling games ever. If only Treyarch could do a decent COD too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anyone notice the flares that the helicopter sent out? I can't wait for it to be out, roll on November

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Looks great and pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, although, the ability to get into a helicopter? I really would prefer if that was left out of multiplayer. If you have helicopter skills, it means your inline for a great K/D ratio and will probably win the round

Where does it say that you can get into helicopters?
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    A touch of the cap for halo 3 with the sticky grenades
    QUOTE]

If you are talking about the final scene I think it just bounces off him. Edit: Apologies its semtex sorry

I wonder what other kill streaks you could have....tank, predator, maybe a weapons drop instead of a actual bombing run type thing.

If you are talking about the final scene I think it just bounces off him.

the game wrote:
    STUCK! you stuck an enemy with semtex

no it sticks to the enemy clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looks bloody fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

That really was a breathtaking video. I cant wait till November :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

still going to be full of headless chickens looking for glitches.
    no tactics in that .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Bah. Nothing more infuriating than getting stuck and having 12 year olds jizz their pants for all to hear whenever they get one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Please tell me they're keeping the 3xFrag perk and I can bring around three bits of Semtex :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

GTA popped to mind when I seen the scores pop up. But wow, that looks ****ing amazing. I know when I'll be taking my holidays from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

this looks ****ing mental dont no if i like the score coming up on the
    screen tho cant wait for the multi player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I wish I could take a week off for this, but it's around christmas and I work in retail. I'll be getting it on xbox and PC, have it pre-ordered in xtravision, just need to pre order the PC version, anyone know the best place to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Please tell me they're keeping the 3xFrag perk and I can bring around three bits of Semtex :D
    Semtex, C4, PE4, are all the same, will be a perk as was in CoD4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anybody else hear that it'll be dearer than a normal new release. Heard that in Britain instead fo being £45, the price that new releases usually are, it'll b3 £55 so you can expect an extra €15 for us I assume :mad:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=12058

Let's hope every other publisher follows suit :mad:

I was just about to post on this, obviously the news about the recession has yet to hit Activision :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I dunno about the price hike you are going to have a good few retailers competing for first day sales and each one will be doing their own deals. There may be a small increase in price but I dont think it will be anything near €15

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Clareman wrote: »
    Anyone notice the flares that the helicopter sent out? I can't wait for it to be out, roll on November

Stop calling it a helicopter, clearly a plane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Undead wrote: »
    Stop calling it a helicopter, clearly a plane

It boggles the mind how you could even mistake it for a helicopter. :confused:

Advertisement