Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

• 27-07-2009 9:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

When my mate tries to sign into xbox live it won't work so when he tests connection it comes up as passing every test except the very last one.

Wtf is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I don't know :eek: wtf? :pac:

What's the last thing that goes wrong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

The XBL test!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

celtic723 wrote: »
    When my mate tries to sign into xbox live it won't work so when he tests connection it comes up as passing every test except the very last one.

Wtf is going on?

maybe the router firewall is blocking it

if its an eircom connection type in 192.168.1.254 into the address bar of the browser which should bring you to the router settings, you have to set the firewall to low security settings afaik

Don't have one myself but maybe Xbox live is temporairly down. How long has this being a problem?

indough wrote: »
    maybe the router firewall is blocking it

if its an eircom connection type in 192.168.1.254 into the address bar of the browser which should bring you to the router settings, you have to set the firewall to low security settings afaik

he's with orange and his router is a Siemens se572 and unfortunatetly the idiot doesn't know the password to login to it. Can anyone help us as i think there's a set pass for this specific router.

• Advertisement

Has it worked before? - What has changed? - How long it down?

I can't access support.xbox.com at all - maybe something is up with them.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Has it worked before? - What has changed? - How long it down?

never worked before he's only just got it.

Ok, maybe like above the router is blocking it so. By your post it sounded like it just stopped or something :)

So he can get to router page but no password?

Ok, maybe like above the router is blocking it so. By your post it sounded like it just stopped or something :)

So he can get to router page but no password?

he doesnt know the password! i think it's a set pass for that router so i dunno wtf is going on

Try a default like admin / admin or else reset it.

• Advertisement

Try a default like admin / admin or else reset it.

Thank you very very much monkey!

You'll probably have to configure port forwarding now:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

If you're struggling still with the password, try just leaving it blank, that's the default for most routers. Then make sure all the ports Live needs or open or if the router supports DMZ, add the IP of your console to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if hes never used xbl before, perhaps hes got a local gamertag someone else has and is using online? wouldnt that stop him from signing in, and hence failing the xbl test?

Advertisement