Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying Rent gave in my notice to the landlord help?

Options
  • 27-07-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

dont know if this is the right place to post this.

Gave my notice on july the 20th that im leaving the apt on augs the 20th and when i moved in a year ago i paid a months rent and a months deposit...anway she said i have to pay augs months rent and she will give me the deposit back at the end of augs,so i said that she can keep the deposit as i need to save my money for the next place i move into,but she said i still have to pay augs rent???..isnt it the same thing though im giving her 550 in augs and im getting it back at the end of augs?? ..

could 1 of the mods move this to the Accommodation & Property ..my mistake sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

no, it's not the same thing.

the deposit is for covering damage & unpaid bills.

You still have to pay rent, and so long as you didn't damage the place or leave any unpaid bills, you'll get your deposit back.

Take pictures of everything before leaving. A trick people have suggested is including the day's paper in the photos to date them. (take a close up of the paper showing the date as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

however, if you're leaving the 20th of august you only have to pay until the 20th, not the full month's rent. (unless you pay on the 20th)

Advertisement