Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why you dont go to the pub?your 3 reasons besides price

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Friends aren't going out because they're saving for a wedding/house, or she's pregnant, they can't get babysitters, they've gone home for the weekend, got made redundant, had to take a paycut, or are end-of-month broke. Either way, I can't really go into town to drink on my ownio. I'll be sad and have a drink at home on a Sat nite.

Crap music - usually R&B rubbish that I can't dance to.

Pubs are less packed, so less chance of meeting people/fine things ;):cool:

Price of mixers - my faves are vodka/gin & tonic or voddie and lime, but I am not paying 6-7 quid for such drinks, so I normally order a glass of wine.

Seats - if I'm in high heels, I do not want to be standing all night.
    I need a seat!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Eh I have to say that ALL pubs in Dublin are Shi*e and the further away from Dublin you go you'll find proper pubs which have

1) Normal Prices
    2) Pool Tables
    3) Jukeboxes
    4) Areas for bands (So they aren't blasted all over tha place)
    5) Great selection of beers
    6) Toilets that ARE hygeinic and don't have someone in them selling stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

6) Toilets that ARE hygeinic and don't have someone in them selling stuff!

LOL! just trying to imagine someone in the spirit stores' jacks trying to sell ya something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

waitresses serving shots of whiskey every ten minutes.

Actually, table service in pubs would definitely be a plus. They do it abroad and it's so much more relaxing than having to queue at a bar for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

DamoDLK wrote: »
    LOL! just trying to imagine someone in the spirit stores' jacks trying to sell ya something!
    I'd imagine it's probably green and sticky. ;)
    simu wrote: »
    Actually, table service in pubs would definitely be a plus. They do it abroad and it's so much more relaxing than having to queue at a bar for ages.
    I worked bar for a couple of years and before I graduated to working the taps n till, I did floor work, including serving drinks and collecting glasses in a pretty busy disco bar. It used to be the norm in almost any bar and I'm surprised that it still isn't in all but the most upmarket places...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Because they are full of losers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Excellent, White Feather. I was in The Gravediggers years ago and the old part is one of the best pubs I've ever been in. They even had Tayto Cheese and Onion and bikes stored inside the pub. It's time for a return!

So, now we have two pubs in Dublin without a TV:

Grogan's (South William Street)

The Gravediggers (Prospect Square/Glasnevin cemetery)

Anybody know of any others?

It hasnt changed a bit ( the old part )! Dont think they are allowed renovate it. And if you feel a little peckish during the day, yummy food too!

* Before anybody asks, I dont work for them!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Cant believe they released that!

*hanging my head in shame.....

They didnt releas it...It escaped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Too loud. I want to have a few pints with my mates without having to shout at them.

Too crowded.

Possibility of having to deal with scumbags.

So, so much easier to just have a few tins at home and stick on a few dvds.

Advertisement