Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble with fridge running on gas

• 27-07-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi
    We were away for weekend and had trouble with the fridge, It kept clicking as if it was trying to ignite the whole time. I moved the van several times in case it was the wind blowing out the pilot light. We had to throw the food away out of the freezer.We had to leave it on the battery, this ran the battery suprisingly quickly. ( we were wild camping) I got home earlier on and I put the fridge on the gas for the last 5 hours to see if it was still happening and it is still clicking away, has anyone any advice as to what is going on. I have used the fridge on gas before with no problems.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Are you sure the pilot is lit ?? sounds like the pilot burner maybe blocked and thats why its constantly attempting to ignite. Can you see the pilot burner through the inspection grass at the back of the fridge ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

I think alll you have to do is turn down the gas knob while holding it in until the light stops flashing and then it's lit..

thats what I do with mine... when it lights I can turn it back up a bit... running it on gas is actually colder than running it on electricity on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭irishllanaber

Hi
    The ignition seems to be working as I can feel the slight heat from the little fume extractor. This is a fairly new fridge,(Dometic) the van is only two years old. All you should have to do is switch the knob to the gas setting then the ignition process begins. Its as if its not getting enought gas (thats just a guess)
    There is plenty of gas in the bottle. I have taken off the vent panel on he outside of the van but there is no access to the ignitor so I can't see whats happening with it.
    Thanks for your help

I have had this problem a few times, turned out to be a partially blocked burner injector, normally happens to me if i move the van and forget to switch from gas to 12v. I recently cued this problem, when i cleared the blockage i inserted a small piece of cigerete filter into the supply pipe, not happened since.

:eek:

PS, Must add, i am a Gas Service Engineer :P

Thanks Billy
    How difficult or easy is it to unblock the burner injector ?
    Is it something I could do myself or is it a job for the experts?

• Advertisement

It's not dificult, but it is gas, and gas safety regs state that you must be corgi registered or at least be compitent enough to work on gas before doing so. I actually posted how to do this, along with photo's, on the SBMCC website, i'll see if i can find it and post the link.

:eek:

That would be great if you could find that link for me
    Thanks in advance

Sorry! i did look but couldnt trace it, if you check it out http://sbmcc.co.uk/forum/ and look back over past posts of "Henrik", it maybe in the arcive but i didnt renew my membership this year, non members get access, lapsed members dont, lol.

Thanks Billy for your help, I had no luck in finding your post. I'll have to hand it over to the experts.

Advertisement