Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragically Hip coming to Ireland

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

You probably haven't heard of these guys, but the Tragically Hip are set to play the Village on Wexford street this December. They are a band from Canadian, going since the 1980s. They are huge in Canada, sort of like U2, only more grounded, and the music they play is quintessentially rock. I don't think I can compare the band to any other I've heard before when it all comes together.

If your into live music and rock, then I would highly recommend getting a ticket for this now. I think the Village only holds 2,000, so this will be an intimate gig and one you won't forget.

Tickets are about 30 euro, well worth it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Hmm, guess this was posted to the wrong forum. Or people's definition of rock has changed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Gig moved to Tripod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Lol, I've heard of them for obvious reasons. I might go see them, depends on whether or not my mate can get me tickets.

Love them though because I grew up with them. Shame nobody across the ocean has heard of them. Wouldn't compare them to U2 though tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Not sure about that; there was a big following in the 'gar back in the day. A multiple bootleg copy of Fully Completely did the rounds in the early '90s. They never played the stables, but Whelan's in '91 was a great gig.

Beats U2 live hands down for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

TJJP wrote: »
    Not sure about that; there was a big following in the 'gar back in the day. A multiple bootleg copy of Fully Completely did the rounds in the early '90s. They never played the stables, but Whelan's in '91 was a great gig.

Beats U2 live hands down for me.

Which is why I said I wouldn't compare them to U2; much prefer the Hip! :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wexford, ick.

would love to see them again though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Excellent band, hope i can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

TJJP wrote: »
    Gig moved to Tripod.

You sure about that? The Village still have them listed online as playing there, but ticketmaster have them listed to play both the Village and Tripod at the same time on the same night...

Also, I see that Propagandhi are playing in the Village the night before. 'Tis a good week for music!

Advertisement