Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car repairs

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Anyone got an idea on the cost to replace the clutch on a fiat punto? Think mine needs to be done - but the quote I got from a mechanic is at least €400 and seems a bit high...Or maybe thats the average cost????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

You might wanna post this in the motoring section under Rec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lmnop

good idea...:)

I ain't know mechanic and don't want to put you away but from my own opinion the price quoted with labour seems about right. If possible it might be worth checking out some places in Newry, most likely you'll get it about €100 cheaper than quoted here. Best thing you can do is quote every garage in your area and in the end make an offer to one of them below their quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lmnop

Yea, gonna ring around tomorrow n see what the prices are like....Dunno if the car would make it to Newry if the clutch is on the way out though..might not be the safest thing to do. But I know nothing about car repairs etc and didn't even know there was a problem till I left it in for a service today....:mad:

That's a shame unexpected bills seems to hit harder than others. As you say yourself try around, if you are close to Drogheda call Carr's which is on Trinity Street, they are usually price friendly towards customers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement