Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with material for Japanese tattoo

Options
  • 27-07-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

After finally saving enough money I am going to get started working on japanese 3/4 sleeve. Pretty much decided on artist too, just having a problem finding some material for him to look at so he can see what I have in mind.

Lookin for something a bit different than the normal bold style japanese, hoping for 'Paler' or more Autumnal Colours(Think thats th right description!) colours with a background of grey rather than the deep black and with a fair bit of untattooed skin showing thru (Pretty specific, I know)

Something along the lines of this artist www.fabriziodivari.com (Recommend lookin at his site anyway, some great work).

So to finally get to the point if anyone knew of artists who have a similar style, just lookin for pics, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this, Joey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

joey100 wrote: »
    Lookin for something a bit different than the normal bold style japanese, hoping for 'Paler' or more Autumnal Colours(Think thats th right description!) colours with a background of grey rather than the deep black and with a fair bit of untattooed skin showing thru (Pretty specific, I know)

Depends on what elements you are planning on incorporating into the pic, but as you mentioned "Autumnal", I assume you are including trees. Japanese Maple trees would be often used to depict something that is inherently Japanese, but in autumn is when they are at their brightest and most vivid, as their leaves turn bright shades of yellow, orange and red.

Spring colours may give you more the range of paler colours that you are hoping for, and could incorporate blossoms too, whereas blossoms/flowers would be gone by autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i always thought japan was famous for its oak trees, but anyway. go onto www.checkoutmyink.com and just have a good look about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Have a look here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Thats great, thanks a lot folks, much appreciated. Joey

Advertisement