Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: Blood and Sand [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ it is....the second is more story focused, less Matrix and blood.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A TV programme described as the most sexually explicit ever made is expected to hit UK screens this summer.
    Spartacus: Blood And Sand debuted in the US last week and features full-frontal nudity and sex scenes, as well as graphic violence.
    The series focuses on the Roman gladiator Spartacus, who led a major slave uprising against the Roman Republic.
    The cast includes Four Weddings And A Funeral star John Hannah, as well as Lucy Lawless, who is best known for her role as Xena: Warrior Princess.
    Speaking about the series, Lucy said: "I think a lot of people are going to be shocked and they are going to shut off their televisions.
    "And I absolutely encourage that because if they're shocked by the first few episodes, it ain't going to let up. But for the people who have the stomach for it, this is a bloody good yarn."
    A second series of the show was commissioned before it even premiered on cable channel Starz in the US. It hasn't been confirmed yet which UK channel will be daring enough to screen the drama.

This reads exactly like a Sun or Daily star story....what was the source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Easiest way to find out is take a random (but unique) phrase from the article and google it.

Looks like this is the source: http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/396594/

I said it read tabloid by the fact at the top they say it'll be broadcast in the UK in the Summer, but at the end it says no channel has picked it up, a typical tabloid tactic to generate a story from nothing and fill column inches and "sex" up a story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I'm always shocked to read what are considered "record" numbers for the smaller cable channels! Such numbers on any mainstream channel and we'd be expecting an imminent cancellation... Makes you wonder what other shows might have gone on to great success if they had not ended up on the mainstream networks instead.

I'm glad it's doing well, for now at least - the first episode didn't totally grab me but it does seem to have potential and knowing it has already got a second season secured makes it easier to stick with it... And at least it's not another medical/legal/cop drama or reality show :).

Heads up!...brand NEW ep. tonight - episode 3 tonight on Starz!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

does anyone know when we will see the new tv series spartacus: blood and sand over this side of the pond,just watched episode 1 lots of gore and hows your father lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

TV forum that way mate. <

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Watched one, two and three - as soon as the actors start putting more clothes on - MAYBE ye rest might see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

That_Guy wrote: »
    TV forum that way mate. <

No, no now .. I'm sure it's over there
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,648 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They want me to subscribe to STARS to watch more.

Still, that gorgeous blonde thing throwing off her fur to show off her fur? that was hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

OutlawPete wrote: »
    No, no now .. I'm sure it's over there
    >

Go left, move cursor over Arts. Once the drop down menu appears navigate to Television.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

IM SPARTACUS

/continue

anywho... just google it im sure theres is a link somwhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Overheal wrote: »
    Still, that gorgeous blonde thing throwing off her fur to show off her fur? that was hot.
    O' aye but was she airbrushed in editing?

Biggins wrote: »
    who the fcuk cares?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->TV

Biggins wrote: »
    and dont you mean airbushed?

Mods - combime with the original Spartacus thread?...ep. 3 was excellent btw., that scene of the gladiator porkin some slave wench while everyone was watching was ace!

Ratings rise, a hit for Starz....ep. 3 was actually very good. I really like this show, it would not be out of place on HBO: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/08/spartacus-blood-and-sand-viewing-inches-up-again-for-3rd-episode/41429

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Xena looks great

Wow!...most violent and bloody ep. yet! - ep. 4 even had man lovin'!!!....this is fantastic and well made program. I have to praise John Hannah!....superb acting, easily the best character/actor....Lucy Lawless is doing a good job to.

Highly recomened, 720p viewing is a **must**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Glad to hear that they already got a second season. I usually turn of Hannah but he is perfect in the part and wel Xena what more need we say.

Everytime i see the trainer I just hear Ger Butler Shouting THIS IS SPARTA

Sioda, your sig...between the jail and mental hospital?.....are you in Limerick, because i know of a road between Limerick jail and the mental hospital, the road goes up so yer at the back :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

This shows' got it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Just watched Ep 4, and ignoring the fact that this is a cheap trashy version of Rome aimed at the 300 market, this series is beginning to rock.

Aye...."may the gods shrivel your c*ck" !!....great stuff, every genre and boxes ticked are covered. Beautiful women, full nudity both male and female, sex, orgies, blood, violence, deception, decent acting, decent scripting, the effects ain't bad either!

I like the production design, some green screen scenes are a bit dodgy and "composited", but overall they do a good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I don't know... ok, the "plot" is pretty thin and just in there to throw more violent/sex scenes into the mix and I don't mind the green screen effects, but it's starting to feel that things are no longer moving along. I mean, is Spartacus just going to buy Batiatus' (John Hannah's character) BS that he is looking for his wife the entire season? Yes, they can't move things along that quickly (I mean, how many episodes would it take for him to get to Rome anyway and kill everyone responsible for his situation?) but it it starting to feel like things are slowing down as far as where the story is going...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Well Starz signed it up for a second series before it even aired so I doubt there will be any slave revolts in this series. Actually I kind of like the fact that Spartacus is not some sort of super warrior who is instantly superior to Gladiators who have trained for years. This has the feeling of an epic which, again, rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Does anyone else find the dialogue kinda weird,
    Like one minute they're talkin "ye olde englishe" then the next they are talking about Cock, C%nt's and FCUk???

One minute they're with Willy Shakespeare, the next their in the hood

Advertisement