Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: Blood and Sand [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

varro was a shock to say the least, and to do it so dishonrorably to, spartacus could have said he wouldnt kill a fellow gladiator outside the ring, as he deserved an honourable death inside the ring,

that Illithia is some savage looking whore i must say, i suppose you cant blame the lad, as much as i hate her though i wanna see her survive, maybe spartacus could kill her husband leaving her to maybe take his place, id say shed be much more vindictive in a position of power,

i must say crixus is being some baby, why cant he just bide his time, its understandable he want to be champion again, but hed wanna relax a bit,

+1 for this being one of my favourite shows at the moment, it really has become a must watch on a saturday evening,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Shocker re; Varro....that f*cking evil b*tch Illithia, the snake....she shags a 15-year-old to manipulate him into doing her bidding, i bet the poo lad didn't "last" long :-)

She is a fierce looking woman though...body from hell!, Batiatus is racking up enemies and people he wants to kill. Asher, surely that little rat is gonna get steaked soon?

Very good ep., not quite good as last week but very solid....i also think Spartacus will fall for that slave girl Mira, the way she held hin at the end, and he allowed her...she looks ALOT like his wife, which i think is the point.

They be knockin' boots pretty soon me thinks :-)

+1 for overall fav program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Shocker re; Varro....that f*cking evil b*tch Illithia, the snake.

Yeah i know, what a shocker, i felt bad for poor sparty. I wonder how many seasons theyre expecting it to go on for? Like how much more can Spartacus put up with before he rebels.

^ the creator has 5 seasons mapped out, but that "5 season pitch" is standard when you try sell your program. It's moving very slowly, i would say that it'll take all of next season for Spartacus to rebel and leave the Ludis.

You've got some fantastic characters and plots going on, i'd sacrifice overall plot progression for quality writing/acting/drama then say moving things along quickly and introducing new chacacters that fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

^ the creator has 5 seasons mapped out, but that "5 season pitch" is standard when you try sell your program. It's moving very slowly, i would say that it'll take all of next season for Sparty to rebel and leave the Ludis.

You've got some fantastic characters and plots going on, i'd sacrifice overall plot progression for quality writing/acting/drama then say moving things along quickly and introducing new chacacters that fail.

Please don't call him Sparty! :p

One of my FAVE lines thus far, ep. 9 , Batiatus "my ears hear a temptest, but my eyes see a fu*king wife gone mad"....it was his delivery that sold it!

Question - in ep. 9 did Illithia deliberately choose Crixus to spite Lucritcia?, as in she knew of her affair with Crixus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

tvnutz wrote: »
    Please don't call him Sparty! :p

Spartie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Question - in ep. 9 did Illithia deliberately choose Crixus to spite Lucritcia?, as in she knew of her affair with Crixus?

I'm pretty sure that Ilithia still does not know that Lucretia is banging Crixus. She has figured out it's a gladiator/slave but not which one... She just was impressed with Crixus' "assets" from when she first saw him and thus picked him. If she knew about Crixus and Lucretia, she'd be using it as leverage against her for the situation she's now in...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

when I saw the pilot I thought yay boobs etc, but each week I continue to be hooked by the plot. Boobs are a + but the show as a whole is easily the best thing on my list now by a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like its coming on Bravo over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Have watched the 11 episodes in the last 2 weeks. Good twists & a nice bit of tension in the storylines. I like the fact that each one is reasonably self-contained and they're not leaving us dangling each week with cliff-hangers like some other shows.
    Only just now recognised Lucy Lawless. Didn't recognise her with her clothes off.

I've been wondering what side Crixxus will take when Spartacus eventually breaks out.
    As the series progresses, he's being portrayed in a fairly sympathetic way, with his own code and principles. The key is the slave-girl, I reckon. When/if Lucretia finds out about their relationship the consequences could turn him against the Ludus and thrown him in with Spartacus

Episode 11 was excellent - well played by Batiatus overall, but it's too late for him now, the epic s**tstorm is coming :). Can't wait for the last 2 episodes of the season, they should be fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Gonna watch episode 11 tonight,can't wait.
    Fantastic tv imo

I'll be watching it later on as well :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Very good episode...things are really beginning to heat up now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

By far and away the best episode yet. Really well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Great episode again. Love the way the plot continues to thicken with each episode. Good to see Crixus back to form. That fight looked tough on him but he came thought and should walk through any more matches. Spartacus fever dreams were really well done. Now he's back to his 'old self'.

Definitely the best show on tv at the moment. Only 2 episodes left though. Things should heat up pretty fast.

Doctore will not turn against Batiatus so I'm expecting an epic fight against him in the final episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Indeed the plot is coming together nicely. The show reminds me an awful lot of Rome, everything from the set design to the language used to the way the stories intertwine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Enjoyed this weeks episode a lot. Brilliant stuff. Lots happening and sets up the finale nicely indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Good episode. Is next week the finale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Episode 12 was really excellent to watch. Loads of drama happened and so much were going on.

Tristram wrote: »
    Good episode. Is next week the finale?

Yep, 13-episode season commissioned AFAIK.

Really excellent episode, so much happening. I kept wondering for the first half of the episode what would keep Spartacus from killing Batiatus as soon as he got the chance - did not expect to see Varro's wife there.

And the ending was superb - both Crixus and Doctore now have viable reasons to side with Spartacus, as do the German brothers. Not sure where they're going to go with the finale (the uprising can't quite yet start I think) but can't wait for next week's episode :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

J-blk wrote: »
    Yep, 13-episode season commissioned AFAIK.

Really excellent episode, so much happening. I kept wondering for the first half of the episode what would keep Spartacus from killing Batiatus as soon as he got the chance - did not expect to see Varro's wife there.

And the ending was superb - both Crixus and Doctore now have viable reasons to side with Spartacus, as do the German brothers. Not sure where they're going to go with the finale (the uprising can't quite yet start I think) but can't wait for next week's episode :).

It was picked up for a second series by episode two but the lead actor has cancer so there will be a delay on filming the second series while the chap gets treatment.

Best show of 2010 by a mile imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Venom wrote: »
    It was picked up for a second series by episode two but the lead actor has cancer so there will be a delay on filming the second series while the chap gets treatment.

Best show of 2010 by a mile imho.
    it was picked up for a second season before the first season even started, thats how much trust was put on this, and it has paid off in spades id say,

and yes its is the best new show this year, and probably the best of the last 3 years id say, noting else stands out as much as this, for me anyway,

Venom wrote: »
    It was picked up for a second series

I know. I thought Tristram was asking if next week was the season (not series) finale, which it is...

Not watched ep. 11-12 as yet, need to catch up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Not watched ep. 11-12 as yet, need to catch up!
    Watch em in HD if you can!

Latest ep was excellent, which seems to be par for the course at this stage. The camera work in Spartacus' battle with Glaber's men was superb.

And Asher .... the devious swine :D

• Advertisement

^ 720p at the ready! :-)

Advertisement