Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: Blood and Sand [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Great episode. Just watched in there and loved it. By far my favorite program at the moment. Can't wait for the next episode! If your not watching this I HIGHLY recommend you do, and watch it in 720p all the way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

J-blk wrote: »
    I know. I thought Tristram was asking if next week was the season (not series) finale, which it is...

I was. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

looks like Doctore will side with the slaves now he knows Barka was killed or he will confront Batiatus and be killed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Vokes wrote: »
    Watch em in HD if you can!

Have been watching HD all the way! Great details of visual and audio, tits and tats. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ you really CAN'T watch a show like this in standard def!

• Advertisement

^ you really CAN'T watch a show like this in standard def!

Because the special effects are so good? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

High def knockers are always better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Which day of the week does this usual air on in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭extremehalo

Which day of the week does this usual air on in the states?

Friday Night, On the channel Starz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Its looking like Doctore will side with the slaves alright. Can't wait for the finalle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Found out about this show yesterday,watched 2 episodes last night and the rest today.An absolute fantastic show,best new show since Breaking Bad imo.Batiatus,Ashur and Doctore are definitely the stand out characters for me.Was not expecting that Ashur was deceiving Solonius at all,was very well done.Love fight scenes too,favourite either being the Theokoles one or the one where Spartacus fought 7 of Legatus' men.

Also,one of the best lines I've ever heard for the hilarity of it was in "A Thing in the Pit" when the face guy cleaved off another's face with a hook and then held the skin up and asked "Was anyone else willing to face me?"Couldn't stop laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source EW
    The first season concludes the way it began: lots of ripped gladiators and topless ladies undulating strenuously. The series has evolved into a campy soap opera with spurting blood and colorful oaths

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

titan18,, better hurry up and catch up to night is the final of season 1

spatchco wrote: »
    titan18,, better hurry up and catch up to night is the final of season 1

Oh,I have,as in watched them all yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Those who are about to Watch salute you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

anyone having trouble getting hold of the last episode? can't seem to find it. not asking where to find it by the way,just curious to see if anyone else is having trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

its there alright,just checked it on that site

Thought it was pretty good, be interesting to see what happens with Spartacus now and where Ashur ended up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

What a finale. Delivered all I expected and then some. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

What a ****ing episode :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i didnt expect batiatus to die at all, i thought he would have survived so to keep spartacus motivated next season, he was a solid caracter with a massive history with spartacus, the only person near him is illitias husband, i wonder though will lucretia survive,

i swear that asher has no honour at all, you have to laugh at how snaky he is, he it a true survivalist,

best of luck to andy (spartacus) on his recovery, hope to be seeing a second season next year,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

fantastic finale. they really could have dragged the rebellion and escape out for another season but they didn't,and I love shows that do that. such a great finale. seeing batiatus and xena die like they deserved was great. also that little annoying teen getting his was great as well.

allithia got the final laugh as well,for now anyway. I assume next season will all be about taking on Rome and Glauber. should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Guys im sure youre sick of this being asked but ive run out of shows and while i wasnt mad about the first ep of this...Is it worth watching or is it like Rome but not as good and therefore hard to watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Guys im sure youre sick of this being asked but ive run out of shows and while i wasnt mad about the first ep of this...Is it worth watching or is it like Rome but not as good and therefore hard to watch?
    the first episode is the poorest episode of the series, i think most people that love the show will agree with that, keep watching, i only saw half of season 1 of rome, it didnt take to it, but this is different every episode gets better and better, i dont think ive ever watched a show that grew on me so quickly,

season 2 has sky high expectations, i hope it delivers:)

That was perfect. If it's needed
    Loved Crixus stabbing Lucretia in the womb, Spartacus slitting Batiatus' throat, Doctore and Ashers fight (even if it was all too brief :P) Illithia getting away and having the last laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

That was awesome :D. I loved how they built things up flashing back from the fight between Spartacus and Crixus. Hugely satisfying to see Batiatus, Lucretia and the magistrate's kid get what they deserved (and how fitting that it was Varro's wife - nicely done) but Asher the snake and Ilithia made it to next season...

This was probably the most improved show this season, it's hard to even imagine when watching the first episodes that it would turn out this good. Really looking forward to the second season now, making the delay even more difficult to bear :(.

Wrapped things up nicely for this season :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Best TV show I have ever seen. It lacks nothing.

Other tv shows I've ever watched might have been better in some regards but not in all. Spartacus has everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Great slashing end to the season.
    Deadly stuff.
    Watched it all in HD on large LED screen. Absolute class stuff.
    (interview with some of the makers: http://filmreviewonline.com/2010/01/01/spartacus-blood-and-sand-sam-raimi-rob-tapert/)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I wonder if Lucretia is definitely dead? I think they've left the possibility open that she'll live.
    At least there won't be any more over-acting from Batiatus.

Advertisement