Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: Blood and Sand [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

There was a teaser trailer for Spartacus on TV3 last night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gazzer wrote: »
    There was a teaser trailer for Spartacus on TV3 last night :D

Starts tonight on TV3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ she's on fire today ladies and gentlemen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just beware for anyone planning to start watching the series tonight on TV3, the first episode is fairly dire with a lot of ropey CGI, just stick with it because it improves significantly in subsequent episodes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Just beware for anyone planning to start watching the series tonight on TV3, the first episode is fairly dire with a lot of ropey CGI, just stick with it because it improves significantly in subsequent episodes.
    I couldnt agree with this more. I thought it was horrible after the first episode or two, but its really picks up after that and is definitely worth watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Starts tonight on TV3

are you sure, it isnt listed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Am I the only one who thinks the production looks fairly ****?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/may/22/charlie-brooker-screenburn-spartacus
    Oh and that nice John Hannah's in it, and very good he is too. Your mum likes John Hannah. So if she asks why you're watching it, cite his involvement. Just don't, under any circumstances, invite her to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry its starts next week on TV3 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

think of it as a stage,with backgrounds, not everything has to be perfect

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry its starts next week on TV3 :o
    what time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Elmo wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the production looks fairly ****?

Stick with it my friend, you will forget about this as the series goes on and by episode 4 or 5 you will be taking sleeping pills by the bucket load to make the next episode come faster ;)

The pilot ep. does feature a most stunning creature fully naked, it's like an example of pure bodily perfection in the form of Ilithya....i assure you, this magnificent sight alone is worth watching the pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

If its on TV3 does that mean ITV will be showing it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

what time
    10pm Thursday on TV3 :)

whiteman19 wrote: »
    10pm Thursday on TV3 :)
    ooh thats kinda early,shld put it on later so mothers have gone to bed

So i *finally* got round to watching the last 3 episodes, i left Spartacus to the last and boyt it was worth it!. Ashur....what a sneaky snake!, a born survivor...can't belive he survived!, fair play to him....you can guarantee he'll be back for season 2, probably like a spy tryna find out where Sparty and the slaves are.

My guess for season 2 is it'll move not to far from the ludis, meaning the slaves will probably setup camp somewhere in the hills not far from the city, Illithia's husband be come back and they spend the series hunting for Sparty and the slaves, while Spartacus frees slaves from various houses, building up numbers, doing raids etc.

I bet it'll see be quite a "confined" show much like season 1, we're not gonna see location shooting for example, No doubt Ashur and Illithis will get whats coming to them by seasons end.

The series finale was just mega!, utter carnage, rampage of EPIC propotions...everyone got killed, total bloodbath...loved it!
    I see Sparty has hooked up with Mera, she'll probably be his lover now next season, and will probably get killed at some stage.

Batiatus got what was coming, as did Lucrisia. Without question some of the best tv i have seen in many years. 9.5/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I am 3 episodes away from the finale, this series just keeps getting better!! I wasn't impressed with them killing off Varro, I liked him!! :mad:

I haven't read the last 6 pages of this thread because I'm afraid to see spoilers that aren't tagged. I can't wait for the finale!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Laydee wrote: »
    I am 3 episodes away from the finale, this series just keeps getting better!! I wasn't impressed with them killing off Varro, I liked him!! :mad:

I haven't read the last 6 pages of this thread because I'm afraid to see spoilers that aren't tagged. I can't wait for the finale!!

You'll love it. Its brilliant. Think it might be about time for me to re-watch it, maybe I'll wait till the new ones coming out. Is there a confirmed date for the new season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    You'll love it. Its brilliant. Think it might be about time for me to re-watch it, maybe I'll wait till the new ones coming out. Is there a confirmed date for the new season?
    well there will be the 6 episode prequel next january of febuary, then more than likely a full second series late next year, probably 12 or 13 episodes,

im not to sure what there gonna call the 6 episode prequel, weather itll be the second season or what,

so you could probably watch the prequels then rewatch season one, if you wanna watch it chronologically,

Prequel is 6 episodes called; Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena....most of the S1 alum will return + new characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

So it's possible I may have gotten a bit carried away with Spartacus tonight. Still though, the finale was incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

Well, I just watched the episode where Spartacus has a fever & WOW!! this series really does get better & better!! When it ended I would have loved to have the next episode in front of me. I might have to take up watching TV online, a whole week til the next episode is too long!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Awesome finale!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm 10 episodes into the series.. and I'm really quite enjoying it!

Although is it just me, or is the acting really truly awful? I mean John Hannah is the best of a bad bunch. It's truly painful watching Viva Bianca (Ilithyia) - she really is one of the worst actresses I've ever seen.

^ you're bonkers...clearly bonkers!, i mean...who LISTENS to Ilythia????????

Batiatus: "once again, the gods spread cheeks to shove cock in ass!"...haha, legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

don ramo wrote: »
    well there will be the 6 episode prequel next january of febuary, then more than likely a full second series late next year, probably 12 or 13 episodes,

im not to sure what there gonna call the 6 episode prequel, weather itll be the second season or what,

so you could probably watch the prequels then rewatch season one, if you wanna watch it chronologically,

Andy Whitefield who plays Spartacus has got cancer so, production of the second series is on hold while he gets treatment, he'll be in the first two episodes of the prequel, buts that it until the actual second series is out.
    There not showing the prequel until spring 2011 either, seems like a lifetime away.
    Loving this series.

Actually meant to say, 'Jupiters cock, its not on again until spring 2011':)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

He finished his cancer treatment successfully back in June, so filming of Season 2 should start in the next month or two.

/edit: filming for the prequel i mean.

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    I'm 10 episodes into the series.. and I'm really quite enjoying it!

Although is it just me, or is the acting really truly awful? I mean John Hannah is the best of a bad bunch. It's truly painful watching Viva Bianca (Ilithyia) - she really is one of the worst actresses I've ever seen.

Some of the acting is brutal, early on in the series when there was a lot of the men in the ludus scenes, the 'hearty laughter' and such was terrible. It has to be said tho that the cgi is worse, cue 'orange thundery sky scene'. Its been such a hugh hit in the states, that the next season will be better, bigger budget and all that.

Saying all that, you cant fault the script, the writing is excellent, fast flowing and with enough twists and turns to keep viewers busy.

Advertisement