Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OZ WHV activated appeal?

Options
  • 27-07-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

ACTIVATED OZ WHV BY MISTAKE!!

So I found out today that I have no way of getting another WHV as it was already activated from the eta going to Oz for a holiday last year.
    The visa company that I have been dealing with have asked me if I wanted to fill out an Appointment Of Migration Agent or Authorized Recipient 956 form, so they can investigate the full cause of the activation of my WHV.

I am wondering is there any point to this?
    Also they have already charged my credit card by 300euro even though I got no new visa, they're policy is No Visa No Fee, can I get this money back?
    The visa company has told me I will still not be able to get another WHV but I might be able to get another form of visa.
    I am still going to Oz in 2 months using either a 6 or 12 month tourist visa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

stop going through companies, try to get in contact with the embassy yourself.
    The visa company is BS ing you, they just want your money

and you cannot get a 12 month tourist visa ....

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

Thanks for reply HUSSEY
    Why cant I get a 12 month tourist visa? Its on the immi website.
    I think I will get onto OZ immigration embassy in Dublin tomorrow.

My mistake you can apply for a 676
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/visa-options.htm

to actually get a 12month visa you'll have to prove you can afford to stay for 12 months

"The period of stay and number of entries granted will depend on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Can you link to this 12 month tourist visa pls? Up to now, you've only been able to get ETAs (electronic travel authorities) that allow you to be a tourist for three months but then you gotta cross the borders again. They're valid for 12 months from date of issue, but you can't stay a full 12 months on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

I have funds to stay for the year, just was hoping for what I thought I could still have and never bloody used, those dialaflights people, then again I should have know at the time.
    The 6 and 12 month tourist visa is on the official immi website and all other Oz travel websites that offer visa's.

• Advertisement

Can you link to this 12 month tourist visa pls? Up to now, you've only been able to get ETAs (electronic travel authorities) that allow you to be a tourist for three months but then you gotta cross the borders again. They're valid for 12 months from date of issue, but you can't stay a full 12 months on them.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

I never seen the 12 month option before either
    What does this visa let me do?

If granted, this visa will allow you either a single or multiple entry to Australia for a stay period of up to three (3), six (6) or 12 months.

The period of stay and number of entries granted will depend on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances.

Advertisement