Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!

Options
  • 27-07-2009 11:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

quoizel-rotondo-bath-fixture_4_400x360.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What a sh!te episode. Well, all the bits with the lights were. The rest was pretty good ST.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

:/

Die now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Random wrote: »
    What a sh!te episode. Well, all the bits with the lights were. The rest was pretty good ST.

Boooooooo, its one of the greatest episodes of TNG. I love the boiled egg with the worms crap Picard eats. His confession at the end that he saw 5 lights, also it has Dick Jones from Robocop reprising his type cast role of being an asshole. Its a masterpiece of Star Trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Someone was saying to me that they got Amnesty International involved on helping out with the torture scenes in that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Boooooooo, its one of the greatest episodes of TNG. I love the boiled egg with the worms crap Picard eats. His confession at the end that he saw 5 lights, also it has Dick Jones from Robocop reprising his type cast role of being an asshole. Its a masterpiece of Star Trek.

As captain Jellico? I think he was also the corrupt admiral in Pegasus. Commander Sark of Tron, is the interrogator. Whoever the actor is really good. Its a very prestigious episode on those grounds alone, I can't think of any st episode from another series that reaches such a prestige level. Yes its a bit of a blatant rip off of 1984 interrogation scenario but then again that scenario was probably inspired by the history of human torture and interrogation, spanish inquisition, stalinist paranoia etc. I suppose that immortal line, while excellently delivered could be considered, erroneously, as an example of over acting in trek history, comparable to KHHHHHAAAAANNNNNN!!!!! or Siskos, ITS REEEE--AAAAAAALLLLLL *spaz attack.* Great episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »

Apparently its Ronny Cox who played Dick Jones

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708686/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

David Warner was excellent as the interrogator. Cold, deliberate malice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Apparently its Ronny Cox who played Dick Jones

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708686/

He will always be Dick Jones in my eyes, I even call him that when I watch Total Recall, another masterpiece of acting Dick Jones does.

• Advertisement

LOL, its the exact same character in Total Recall. I like to reason that Dick Jones actually survived his fall, was patched up in hospital and assumed an alter ego as Cohaagen. His career ruined on earth he decided to go to mars and set up a fiefdom there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

"C'maaaan Cohaagen. You got what you wanted. Give these people AAAIR!"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Random wrote: »

Definitely one of my favourite episodes. Funny how different people like different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

That was fecking genius!

Picard laughing and the random grunts at the end were the icing on the cake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

as an example of over acting in trek history, comparable to KHHHHHAAAAANNNNNN!!!!! or Siskos, ITS REEEE--AAAAAAALLLLLL *spaz attack.* Great episode.

I don't get the Sisko reference. What episode are you referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I don't get the Sisko reference. What episode are you referring to?

I think that is the episode where he was Benny Sisko, a Sci-Fi writer?

Advertisement