Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning DVD help please?!

Options
  • 28-07-2009 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

this is probably the best question section to ask this in, i need your help guys!

Basically, i recently got into the TV show Twin Peaks and now i am so desperate to get my hands on Twin Peaks season two as i have finished watching the first season...... but guess what, they haven released a PAL version on DVD (only region 1 NTSC) and i live here in Ireland (PAL-land),

So my question is this: is there any way i can get this region1 (NTSC) and then use my lap top to burn it to be region 0? I know when i burn normal region 2 discs (using DVDSHRINK...etc...) the copy is always region 0, so would this happen if i put in a region 1 disc aswell?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Get AnyDVD, this removes all region codes and makes it region free then use DVD decrypter to decrypt then burn with whatever burning software takes your fancy. Always works for me.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

uch wrote: »
    Get AnyDVD, this removes all region codes and makes it region free then use DVD decrypter to decrypt then burn with whatever burning software takes your fancy. Always works for me.

Before you try that OP , what make is your dvd player? Many of these models have a combination of buttons on the remote you press to remove the region lock. Then most modern TV set up's can display the NTSC out put.

The second option would be just to use a software solution to bypass the region code and watch on your laptop , (VLC can do this ????? )

Lastly id resort to ripping and reburning but only as a last resort as im very lazy and wouldnt like to do this if there was an easier way :P

Advertisement