Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Twin Peaks Season 2

Options
  • 28-07-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

The title says it all pretty much really. Any other Twin Peaks fans here?!

Its a truly awesome show for people whi have not seen it, flew through the first season after buying the box set in HMV but now im stuck because i am so desperate to get my hands on Twin Peaks season two as i have finished watching the first season...... but guess what, they haven released a PAL version on DVD (only region 1 NTSC) and i live here in Ireland (PAL-land),

So if anyone could help me out with this i will be forever grateful to you!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

www.ebay.com

Get the Gold Edition.
    Its the entire series plus loads of cool extras.
    You can get it for 40 or 50 eurons.

Making illegal copies of copywritten material is illegal by the way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DaveGefow

Hey man, thanks for your reply, and yes i know its illegal (im not stupid) and so this is why i offered to buy the official DVD off anyone who has it here, burning it is a simple last ditch attempt as the second series is proverbial gold and i understand people not wanting to sell it.

In relation to your suggestion the gold edition:

Heres why this is a non-runner: a typical copy costs 60GBP not including 10GBP delivery (http://cgi.ebay.com/Twin-Peaks-Complete-Season-1-2-Gold-Box-NEW-SEALED_W0QQitemZ260451483687QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item3ca41e4027&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177)
    which works out probably close to 85Euro, this is not only f'ing stupid because i am paying well over the odds simply because they wont release it in our side of the world, but also because i am also paying partly for the first season (which i already have and you can buy in HMV in town).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just buy it off play.com, most Irish DVD players can either already play Region 1 or can do so after a simple hack, search your DVD player model on the net and see what you can find about changing it to Region 1 (alot of them are very easy do)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thread renamed. You cannot ask for people to burn you a copy of a DVD. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Cabaal wrote: »
    Just buy it off play.com, most Irish DVD players can either already play Region 1 or can do so after a simple hack, search your DVD player model on the net and see what you can find about changing it to Region 1 (alot of them are very easy do)

Eh play.com doesn't sell region 1 DVDs. You must mean playusa.com. In any case, the "play" company is located outside the EU (in Jersey) which means if you order/import something of greater value than €22 you must pay Irish VAT on it. You can also get stung for a customs duty charge too.

So I'd advise everyone not to buy from them.

Dave, it's a shame the Gold Box wasn't released in the UK/Ireland. It's been released on region 2 in Netherlands and Sweden and I think Germany. There's english audio on it of course and the menus can be in English too but there's foreign writing on the packaging which is a shame. One went on Adverts a while ago for €50. If you know anyone heading to mainland Europe, get em to pick you up a copy.

CDWOW.ie did have it but they're notoriously rubbish for their service (see Online buying consumer's forum).

There was one listing on ebay with a few copies that came to a grand total of about 60 odd euros I think but there was something dodgy with the seller - item location said United Kingdom and on one of his other ads it said that packages are sent from Luxemburg.
    You could ask the seller on this one to post it to Ireland for free. You'll probably be told to feck off though.

With regards the aul "illegal" downloading... is it any wonder people turn to downloading DVDs through various dubious means when the damn doesn't get a release here ?

It's a shame cause this was a fantastic TV show and probably the best show of the 90s. It just seems lost now. You can get ER and Friends for pennies but damned if you can find someone to talk Twin Peaks with you. It's weird, like a David Lynch movie where no one talks about the best TV show ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Roisinbunny

Heya, just spoke to my sister there (she's a massive fan since it came out - she wrecked my head with the music when we were kids - "that" song was available on tape!) and she bought it from Amazon.co.uk - the box isn't in English, it's Norwegian or Swedish or something but you can select English as the language when watching it and you don't notice the difference. There aren't any subtitles - I heard too you can get it from FNAC in France??

Now having said that, my sis made me watch it (we had a chat one day and she couldnt actually describe the plot or anything else really beyond the basics, so she gave it to me to watch). I got through Season 1 harmless enough, but have stopped after the 1st 2 episodes of season two - it so BIZARRE! It's like, you're after having a weird kind of bad dream and when you try to describe it to others they think you're on something???

I'm waiting to pluck up the courage to keep going - she tells me I'll be afraid of going down to the woods afterwards!!!

Yeah Series 2 does go off the deep end a bit. I'd say you'd have to be really really deeply into the first series to get through the whole of number 2. It kinda loses its marbles half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

That's fairly pricey @ €58 :( . Site says 1.79 for DVD delivery to here but I doubt it'd be that small for a box set.

Advertisement