Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers\Bruxelles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Jellah_bean

must say bruxelles its much classier and the crowd is so much more mature not just in age but the gob****e factor as well.

bruxelle is 3.50 for drinks before 9, friday and saturday night and before 11 everyother night.

jukebox is much better in bruxelles if your into metal (european metal which is nowhere to be scene in fibbers.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

well "the scene" is dead .....closed down due to losses from major toms.....afaik......now the scene really is dead lol:pac::pac: a shame, agnostic front were class and there was a good vibe going....bruxelles might be classier but they still can't get the smell of sewage out of the rock bar, some toilets reach down to the bowels of hell itself haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

must say bruxelles its much classier and the crowd is so much more mature not just in age but the gob****e factor as well.

bruxelle is 3.50 for drinks before 9, friday and saturday night and before 11 everyother night.

jukebox is much better in bruxelles if your into metal (european metal which is nowhere to be scene in fibbers.)
    :eek:

Really? what drinks are these? I paid €5.40 a pint in there last tues and wed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Max Power1 wrote: »
    :eek:

Really? what drinks are these? I paid €5.40 a pint in there last tues and wed.

certain drinks are 4.50 before 11 during the week and before 9pm Friday and Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Jellah_bean

weird i still have never paid more than 4.90/5euron for a pint in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Ph3n0m wrote: »
    certain drinks are 4.50 before 11 during the week and before 9pm Friday and Saturday

such as ginger ale and pineapple juice

Ph3n0m wrote: »

Like what? Its a recession after all, i'd change drinks if its gonna be cheaper!
    weird i still have never paid more than 4.90/5euron for a pint in there?

Nah its 4.90 a guinness, but i drink druaght beer or draught bulmers normally. I knew snakebite is a fiver before eleven.. is there any others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Pre 11.00 Specials

JD+Coke is e4.50
    Pints are now e4.00
    Jager Bombs are e4.50
    Vodka+Splash is e4.50
    Rum+Splash is e4.50

There are more too.

Passenger wrote: »
    Pre 11.00 Specials

JD+Coke is e4.50
    Pints are now e4.00
    Jager Bombs are e4.50
    Vodka+Splash is e4.50
    Rum+Splash is e4.50

There are more too.

aye - if you go in to the bar, there is usually a flyer around that tells you the prices.

Plus other bonus is the amount of decent DVDs that are playing in the background too - from cheesy horrors to music (although the sound does get cut off if someone puts stuff on the jukebox)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Guaranteed half of the people in this thread talking smack about Fibbers still drink there on a regular basis, it's what the Fibbers punters do.

"Nah, fcuk that man, I'm sick of the place" - Same person is the one buying the first round that Thursday.

I fondly refer to it as "Eastenders : The Pub", I've never seen such drama before. And part of me finds it kind of entertaining. :D

Also, just for the record... I'm sure he's here...

Helmet, you are the fcuking worst DJ I've ever had the misfortune of listening to. I'm sorry if requesting something along the lines of The Cure or Siouxsie & The Banshees might possibly get in the way of you playing Closer by NIN for the 15th time that night, but there's absolutely no call for the dirty looks mate. Cop on.

• Advertisement

&-E wrote: »
    Guaranteed half of the people in this thread talking smack about Fibbers still drink there on a regular basis, it's what the Fibbers punters do.

"Nah, fcuk that man, I'm sick of the place" - Same person is the one buying the first round that Thursday.

I fondly refer to it as "Eastenders : The Pub", I've never seen such drama before. And part of me finds it kind of entertaining. :D

Also, just for the record... I'm sure he's here...

Helmet, you are the fcuking worst DJ I've ever had the misfortune of listening to. I'm sorry if requesting something along the lines of The Cure or Siouxsie & The Banshees might possibly get in the way of you playing Closer by NIN for the 15th time that night, but there's absolutely no call for the dirty looks mate. Cop on.

This i will agree with!

However I would be one of those who "talk smack" about fibbers, and have vowed never to set foot in the place again

Max Power1 wrote: »
    This i will agree with!

However I would be one of those who "talk smack" about fibbers, and have vowed never to set foot in the place again

Good man for sticking to yer word. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

That Charisma DJ was the best in Fibbers - first one to play Closer too. The rest are all imitators.

Nolanger wrote: »
    That Charisma DJ was the best in Fibbers - first one to play Closer too. The rest are all imitators.

I don't even have a problem with the tunes he does play, it's to be expected in a rock bar. It's the poncy attitude he displays towards anyone requesting a song who isn't a regular on the dancefloor that gets to me.

Blah etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

It's the poncy attitude he displays towards anyone requesting a song who isn't a regular on the dancefloor that gets to me.

He probably wants to play somthing a little less depressing then what sh!te smelling, greasy metal heads usualy request.

xseanx wrote: »
    He probably wants to play somthing a little less depressing then what sh!te smelling, greasy metal heads usualy request.

judgemental much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

There is a Dj in Fibbers ?!? :eek:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

My friends Metallica tribute band, Frantica (I know :p) are playing Fibbers this friday night. They put on an awesome show so check them out if you've nothing to do.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Always thought the the DJ in Fibbers was terrible, never had a good collection of songs to request.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Hey, if you don't want to be around ****e-smelling, greasy metalheads then don't go to Fibbers! You won't be missed...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Was in Fibbers one night when a girl asked me what I was doing there! I was like wtf! She told me to "make up my mind" about what I am and that I looked like an emo kid who had forgotten to grow up and I was "trying too hard" to wear high street!

I told her I actually work in River Island and am paid to wear their clothes but thanks for her concern! She then asked me for a discount! :rolleyes:

Novella wrote: »
    Was in Fibbers one night when a girl asked me what I was doing there! I was like wtf! She told me to "make up my mind" about what I am and that I looked like an emo kid who had forgotten to grow up and I was "trying too hard" to wear high street!

I told her I actually work in River Island and am paid to wear their clothes but thanks for her concern! She then asked me for a discount! :rolleyes:

What is the deal with these feckin' morons? I'm in Fibbers because I like the music, I'm not here to show off whatever dress I just bought in Asha ("because, I'm loike, so individual, lol":rolleyes:)

I actually would have laughed in her face, the muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

What a dope.
    metalheads are the biggest posers going.

What a dope.
    metalheads are the biggest posers going.

another quality contribution to this discussion, well done you :)

I stopped posing years ago - hurt too much to stay in the one position all the time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Helmet, you are the fcuking worst DJ I've ever had the misfortune of listening to.

i can see why you'd say this, he's a friend of mine (i dont think he posts here) and we all have our bad days. but some of the gems he told me about sheer plebs requesting stuff had me in stitches:

Punter: will ya play that song "**** you i wont do what ya tell me" :rolleyes:

Punter: will ya play that song "i want ta **** ya like an animal" :rolleyes:

Punter: will ya play slayer? (slayer is already playing) :rolleyes:

the best i witnessed myself, helmut was fond of dropping in a 90's dance megamix, rhythm is a dancer etc just to **** with the metalheads. one night when he does this a stereotypical metaller and his blonde afro'd skater mate start giving him the finger......until he plays bomfunk mc's freestyler (savage tune) meteller proceeds to clear a space for his mate to breakdance!

heres some tips about requesting stuff from dj's.

ASK ONCE.

if it fits in with what he's doing theres a good chance he'll play it. he's thinking 2, 3 maybe even 10 songs ahead and reading the crowd....perhaps your request will be a buzzkill?

asking more that once results in your song never being played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

oh i wore a tux to fibbers once....no one batted an eyelid....and it wasnt even fancy dress night.

Acacia wrote: »
    What is the deal with these feckin' morons? I'm in Fibbers because I like the music, I'm not here to show off whatever dress I just bought in Asha ("because, I'm loike, so individual, lol":rolleyes:)

I actually would have laughed in her face, the muppet.

She was wearing a tartan mini skirt and stripey knee socks :)
    She made me feel really self conscious though and now I pretty much hate going to Fibbers!

She was wearing a tartan mini skirt and stripey knee socks :)
    She made me feel really self conscious though and now I pretty much hate going to Fibbers!

Aw, don't let tits like that ruin Fibbers for you! :) She was clearly a shallow idiot, the ironic thing is these muppets think they're being so 'alternative' when they're actually as stuck-up and superficial as the ''normal/trendy'' people they claim to hate!

Acacia wrote: »
    Aw, don't let tits like that ruin Fibbers for you! :) She was clearly a shallow idiot, the ironic thing is these muppets think they're being so 'alternative' when they're actually as stuck-up and superficial as the ''normal/trendy'' people they claim to hate!

It's too late, it's been ruined! I'm pretty shy and stuff and I hate to think that someone just doesn't like me, like that night! I feel really uncomfortable in Fibbers now :( Such a shame 'cause 3 euro drinks was pretty great!

• Advertisement

It's too late, it's been ruined! I'm pretty shy and stuff and I hate to think that someone just doesn't like me, like that night! I feel really uncomfortable in Fibbers now :( Such a shame 'cause 3 euro drinks was pretty great!

Yeah, gotta love the cheapo drinkies!:p Aw, that whole thing was totally all her problem, it seems like she was projecting her insecurities onto you because she's not comfortable enough to be herself without her 'rocker' uniform! Muppet of the highest order, I wouldn't spare her a second thought. :)

Advertisement