Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon point - Clamping?

Options
  • 28-07-2009 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭

Noticed signs up this week regarding clamping in Mahon Point retail park. Are they actually clamping cars now or is it just an empty threat? Just thinking about all the unofficial park-and-riders out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Here we go again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

free parking is dead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Flight19

I work in mahon point you can park there all day as long as your parked legally. Well i've never had a problem and have different cars all the time. They have signs up because people abandon cars taking up two spaces. Mahon point and the retail park security guards can't keep tabs on all the cars that are there all day. Just dont park in the tesco car park they have a guy employed to look after there car park. Anyway a friend of mine got clamped once and i cost nothing but inconvienence to get removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 heini

load of cobblers - the tickets those guys issue are uneforceable in the republic of ireland.. on private land anyway

clamping different story though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They're always threatening staff to clamp their cars if theyre not in the overflow, bearing in mind the overflow is like a quarry and infact not even owned by Mahon Point SC I believe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement