Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games in work :o :P..shhhhh

Options
  • 28-07-2009 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Was wondering what games are available to be played in work, multiplayer games ?

The criteria would have to be
    -Doesnt require install
    -Easily removed
    -GOOD game :P

I.e, you dont wanna have to delete it off the PC everyday.

I know there is a compact version of Quake 4 Multiplayer,,,it has 2 maps...only about 146Mb, this is the best example I can think of.

Anyone know of any others ?.....lets make work fun :D:cool:

I was reading somewhere about C&C : Red alert (2) being quite small, but i dont know if this would work within a LAN without serials etc ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Even if you do delete it off the pc, you'll still leave registry keys behind... Grounds for a gross misconduct warning in most workplaces

Having said that, Worms World Party is awesome fun in work!:p (no need for networking as well)
    Should be playable off a USB device as well if you install it there on your home pc

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What does QuakeLive put on your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

tman wrote: »
    Even if you do delete it off the pc, you'll still leave registry keys behind

Thats only if you install the game. Which the portable quakelive does not do.
    Anyways, I dont play it really, not my fave game.

:P :P....

Quake live installs some files as far as i remember from installing it at home, and some kind of downloader, similar to Battlefield heroes.

Where would one find worms world party tman ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

TeeWorlds!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

roms... that is all.

Although in my work they are pretty lax, currently I have Quake III, CS1.6, Warcraft: Frozen Throne, Starcraft and a few others installed on it. We'll usually play one of them on a friday after work.

4 player Micromachines over the network is also pretty awesome.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    roms... that is all.

Although in my work they are pretty lax, currently I have Quake III, CS1.6, Warcraft: Frozen Throne, Starcraft and a few others installed on it. We'll usually play one of them on a friday after work.

4 player Micromachines over the network is also pretty awesome.

:eek::eek:

Where is your job !!
    Link to application form please !! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

www.popcap.com

Most of the game are available as Flash in browser playable games.
    They also fulfill the GOOD game criteria ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Where is your job !!
    Link to application form please !! :P

ah it's not that great... the other 40 hours of the week are the usual IT company grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Death Worm.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

L31mr0d wrote: »

Geez...you wouldn't become a pro gamer in any of that list with the practice time available to you?! :D

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Get a Sega or SNES emulator and a few ROMS of classics like Sonic or Super Mario Allstars. They can be run of a USB and take up little memory.

Yeah, ive a few emus, but lookin for maybe a little multiplayer game where we could get a little LAN goin :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i got very very good at lightning pool when I worked in a call centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I quite enjoyed nethack while I was working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Quakelive or Football Manager. I remember working as a student in Eircom and all the lads in the faults deptartment were playing this over LAN.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Quakelive or Football Manager. I remember working as a student in Eircom and all the lads in the faults deptartment were playing this over LAN.

Ahhh...no wonder my broadband is always messed up,
    "Cowboys Ted!!! Thyeyre a bunch of Cowboys !!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

We sometimes get Old Skool and play some Delta Force (cause Conor and Darragh are ghey and can't play Quake or even TeeWorlds) and occasionally some Worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i got very very good at lightning pool when I worked in a call centre.
    You actually once left the house to work o_O

=-=

Used to play CoD on a 4 to 10 player LAN in Clientlogic a while back. That was fun. F**king customers kept interrupting the game with their stupid "computer is broken" questions:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Get a Sega Emulator (2.37mb) and some Roms (500kb)

Relive your childhood gaming...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

teeworlds doesnt require an install! play teeworlds!! teeee tee teee teeee woooooorlds..... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Puzzle pirates (its an mmo) which can be played via miniclips.com. Its a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tman wrote: »
    Even if you do delete it off the pc, you'll still leave registry keys behind... Grounds for a gross misconduct warning in most workplaces
    Its called ccleaner, and its the bees knees.

Anyway ****it, my Boss plays Mafia Wars and my Other Boss plays World of Warcraft at the office. I am sure I can manage to keep Sins of a Solar Empire chipping away in the background.

OP I recall stumbling on some multiplayers over at crazymonkeygames.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

sarumite wrote: »
    Puzzle pirates (its an mmo) which can be played via miniclips.com. Its a lot of fun.

It's miniclip.com :)

Runescape perhaps op? I might get abused for this though :P

I actually don't know what boardsies think of Runescape XD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

DEFCON is a great game to play at work.
    http://www.introversion.co.uk/defcon/downloads/index.html
    The single player is free and I think it's $15 to enable multiplayer.

It's the kind of game that you can play over a few hours and only have to check every now and again to stay on top of things (if you play it at normal speed).
    So you can flick between playing and looking busy.

There's even a shortcut built in for a quick exit to windows in the event that your boss walks in while ye're playing!

giggsy664 wrote: »
    It's miniclip.com :)

Runescape perhaps op? I might get abused for this though :P

I actually don't know what boardsies think of Runescape XD
    Meh. Stupidly fun when I was 15. If you like MMOs. Premium Membership opens up two thirds of the game, pretty much. The only thing truly wrong with it, is its very dated at this stage. Though it is probably the earliest example of a successful MMO. And free to play at that. A quick peek at their homepage suggests they may have done a recent engine upgrade, which would be helpful.

Now that I think about it, Jagex did quite a few good java based games back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gameonade_com

We have been playing in Unreal Tournament when boss went out. I strongly reccomend that especially when you would like to integrate with somedoby (just make sure you are in one team).

We have been playing in Unreal Tournament when boss went out. I strongly reccomend that especially when you would like to integrate with somedoby

Is that a Euphemism ?? :P

Yeah babe, let me get my 1 stuck in a for-loop with your 0.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Battlefield Heroes is my new goto online game for gits and shiggles
    there is a small install but then can be played from your browser like Quake Live
    dangerously addictive

Advertisement