Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website mix up when ordering shoes online

Options
  • 28-07-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Sorry for really long post... I was hoping you could let me know where I stand on the following issue.

Last week I was browsing the website of an Irish based shoe company and came across a pair of shoes I really liked. They were a pair of high heeled leather shoes and were listed as 85 euro so I placed my order and received back confirmation that the payment had gone through etc and the shoes would be delivered in a few days.

Last night I received an Order Status email from the company which said the shoes were dispatched and had tracking number etc. I logged back onto the website to show the shoes to a friend of mine and when i located the thumbnail for the shoe on the website I noticed that they were now listed as 135 euro. Also the product name they had on the shoe didn't sound familiar so I was starting to get worried...

I started looking through different categories of shoes on the website to see if there were any shoes for 85 euro and sure enough found a pair of flat black shoes (that i would never have ordered in a million years) and the product name listed for those looked more familiar and when I double checked against my order this was the product name they had listed on my order.

Shoes arrived today and are the flat shoes - not the shoes I had wanted to buy.

I just want to know what my rights are on this - they clearly had a mix up on their website that led to the incorrect images being displayed for some products. The picture mix up seems to have been fixed on the website since last week but the product description still is incorrect as the high heeled shoe has a description that says "Low heel with suede leather detail on cross strap" while the flat shoe has a description that says "Elegant classic leather peep toe sling back shoe with slim high heel a must have in any wardrobe ".

I've taken screen captures of the website showing the wrong descriptions on each shoe but since the picture mix up had already been rectified I do not have any way of proving that the wrong picture was shown.

Thanks,
    Emer

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hi Emer,

In general under the distance selling regulations you can send these back for a full refund within 7 days of receipt once they are unopened. This is even for just a change of mind / didn't like them etc. Unfortunately you would be liable for the postage costs of returning them.

If the goods that arrive are not as decribed or are faulty you can send them back for a full refund and the company involved is liable to pay the postage - normally you would agree with them who will provide the transport - they might want to arrange collection themselves.

In this specific case you could contact the website involved and put forward your case. You're falling between the two of above scenarios because you would feel that the goods are not as described. However if the website says there were no changes made you've a difficult case to make but can always send them back at your own cost.

Best thing to do is to contact them - preferably by phone if possible and explain what happened. Put forward your point about the description still being wrong etc. If they are anyways customer service orientated they will sort it out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cooling off information. Since your invoice gives the name of the shoe you actually received, you may not be able to claim they're wrong, but you will be able to return them under cooling-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Take a snapshot of the site where them images are mixed up. Thats if they are still mixed up.

Advertisement