Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French doors broken

Options
  • 28-07-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

New on this board and just wondering if anyone has any experience with their french doors at the back of their 2-bed house coming off the hinges as such? It looks like one hinge joint has broken on my door as its not sealing as such at the bottom - has this happened anyone else? any recommendations on where / how to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If you are based in Charlesland, I think Munster Joinery did most of the doors and windows. They have a maintenance department/after sales department. They should be able to give you a firm quote based on what you've described to sort the problem.

Just a few questions first....when did you first notice this problem? is it within any gaurantee period for the doors (not sure on long it would be)?

If you do have to pay for it to get fixed, ask how long they gaurantee the work for.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 matti

I think I had the same problem last year. The alarm kept going off because they weren't closing properly! If you look at the doors from the inside, when they are closed, is the gap between them different from the top to the bottom? The doors, when open, just lift off the hinges and the hinges can be adjusted by turning them... Not sure which way they need to be adjusted to correct the gap though! This solved my problem - the doors close properly and I can now set the alarm again.

Advertisement