Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AXA Fuel Card

Options
  • 28-07-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone here have an AXA Fuel Card? I've had one for a while but I very rarely use it. In fact I was going to cut it up soon. Yesterday I received a letter in the post from 'Fuel Card Services' which listed 'Finance Charge - June' at a price of €40. This was taken out of my account this morning and has left me with no money for the week.

The AXA site says 'Your application for the AXA Fuelcard can be completed online, absolutely free of charge. You also have the option of adding two additional cardholders (that’s 3 in total) also, completely free of charge' so I can't see why this charge should apply.

I did miss a Direct Debit last month but I rang up and paid over the phone and was told that was the end of it. If this is a charge for late payment I was never told there would be another charge.

I am extremely unimpressed with this as the letter literally just lists the Finance Charge, Quantity and Price. There is nothing stating what the charge is for, when it will be taken from me or anything.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The charge is not an AXA charge, but a govt charge. I gather the card is like a credit card.

So, from AXA's side, the card is free. But, they have no control over the govt €40 charge per card.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone here have an AXA Fuel Card? I've had one for a while but I very rarely use it. In fact I was going to cut it up soon. Yesterday I received a letter in the post from 'Fuel Card Services' which listed 'Finance Charge - June' at a price of €40. This was taken out of my account this morning and has left me with no money for the week.

The AXA site says 'Your application for the AXA Fuelcard can be completed online, absolutely free of charge. You also have the option of adding two additional cardholders (that’s 3 in total) also, completely free of charge' so I can't see why this charge should apply.

I did miss a Direct Debit last month but I rang up and paid over the phone and was told that was the end of it. If this is a charge for late payment I was never told there would be another charge.

I am extremely unimpressed with this as the letter literally just lists the Finance Charge, Quantity and Price. There is nothing stating what the charge is for, when it will be taken from me or anything.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks.

From the FAQ Here
    Are there any hidden costs involved other than related bank charges?

No. The AXA Fuelcard is provided free of charge to AXA Policy Holders and is not liable for the government duty placed on credit cards.

What happens if I miss a direct debit?

If a direct debit is returned unpaid for technical reasons, a member of Statoil’s credit department will contact the cardholder in an attempt to rectify the problem. Technical returns are not subject to any penalties or fees.

However, if a direct debit is returned for credit reasons the card will be immediately stopped. This is a security precaution and designed to combat fraud or any unauthorized use of a stolen card. A Statoil representative will make contact with the card holder, inform them of the situation and request payment for the overdue amount plus a €40 administration fee (levied by Statoil) via a “same day bank transfer” or credit / debit card payment. Once this has been completed, the account, subject to certain terms and conditions, will be nominated for reinstatement.

Looks like its a charge for missing the direct debit. The person on the phone should have told you about this when you rang them but id say they are well within their rights to take it since you probably agreed to their terms and conditions before you took out the card.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Easy way of confirming what the charge is, what exactly does it say on your statement beside the charge?

Advertisement