Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous Breeds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

I was happily enjoying the cold and rain when an unleaded, unmuzzled, Staffordshire Bull Terrier...

Lucky it wasn't one of the diesel one's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

kildara wrote: »
    Lucky it wasn't one of the diesel one's...

I know its boards.ie and not perfectgrammar.com but I LOL'd at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hilarious picture, shows the restraint a dog has if it's brought up properly. I mean the kid could have poke his eye with the crayon and he would've done nothing.

I had a fox terrier, who was the most visicous dog with other dogs. With children and adults, fine. I mean a fully grown rottweiler came up and sniffed her and she went mental, jumped straight for its nose and started snapping. This has happened with german shepards, labradors, terriers, any other dog could not come close.

I warned other dog owners not to let their dog approach, and should a snapping incident have happened, it's always 'Oh sorry' and a smile. It's cute when Patches did it, if I had a pitbull or a boxer/GSD people would've been calling for my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have a staf cross (as a lot of you already know seeing as how I bring him up every chance I get). I have a crate for him to sleep in, unlocked, at home and for him to be locked in when we visit other peoples houses overnight.

Well, he's 10 months old, he's never even been close to breaking out.

I gave the crate to my mother a while ago, for her to get her tiny terrier used to it, before they went on holiday. He has been sleeping in it, eating in it, he really took to it straight away. Today was D-day, instead of closing it and leaving the room for half an hour, as they had been doing, they closed it and left for 2 hours.

When they got back, he had eaten his way out. :eek: You could fit him into my pups mouth, and he achieved in 2 hours what Harley couldn't do in 8 months.:D

Advertisement