Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90si Tripping Fuseboard

Options
  • 28-07-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi. Have an 8year old Triton T90si which has never given a problem until yesterday when it tripped the fuse mid-shower. I reset the trip last night and turned on the shower and off she went as normal. I got in this morning for a shower but after about 4 mins it again tripped the fuse. I have called service department and cannot get someone at a time that suits until next Wednesday. I plan to open tonight and see if water is getting in, anyone have any other ideas or thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

amurray32 wrote: »
    I plan to open tonight and see if water is getting in, anyone have any other ideas or thoughts?

It certainly appears as if water may be shorting it out. I had a similar problem a while back because of the way the shower had been sealed to the wall tiles. Water would build up in the casing when the shower was running & short it. Then it would gradually drain when not in use & would start again when the fuse was reset.

One way or another you need a qualified person to look at the appliance for you if water has gotten in. Leave it be until then.

Water + Electricity = Danger

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

when you open it you will more than likly find that the live is starting to look a little burned. Over the years the connections will have rattled themselves lose and will need retermintaing the MCB will be tripping because the mains in arcing in the shower.

Becareful-not all showers are isolated by that handy switch in the bathroom. I would suggest talking to an electrician, i would imagine you would rather not eletrocute yourself or a loved one:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I would have said 8 years old! Replace it. it will cost 450 for the shower and fitting!

Advertisement