Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attempted break in...any suggestions

• 28-07-2009 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Google "door loom cable guard".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

You could weld the gap between the door and the wing. You wouldn't have to worry about this anymore then. Any reputable garage should smooth down the weld, have it as good as new. Probably best to get it done on the passenger side too, just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Also buy a big steering lock, puts off the thieves from trying to

rob your car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You could weld the gap between the door and the wing.
    the part that the door hinges open into? how does that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could weld the gap between the door and the wing. You wouldn't have to worry about this anymore then. Any reputable garage should smooth down the weld, have it as good as new. Probably best to get it done on the passenger side too, just in case.

So how do you get in or out of the car? Through the windows Dukes of Hazzard style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

nookie wrote: »
    ...does anybody have any suggestions ... to try and prevent this happening again? I don't want to get it fixed just for it to happen again.

Park somewhere else.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

lol

west dublin= prob blanch

Id say parking a car anywhere in dublin at night these days would be a risk

how do you weld doors, what a stupid suggestion, how do you leave the bloody car, thru the windows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

nookie wrote: »
    Okay so left my car in a busy car park in West Dublin yesterday evening - when I got back to the car I discovered that some gougers had cut through all the wires leading from the car into the passenger door, I assume in the hope that the lock would pop. I'd had this done to my last car as well and I know of a couple of other people who park here have had similar experiences...does anybody have any suggestions of anything I could put around these wires or in that area to try and prevent this happening again? I don't want to get it fixed just for it to happen again.

How has it not occured to me but how in the name of god did the access the wiring loom and why would ya go to so much trouble when they could have accessed your car easily in about 5 different ways?

Op, what are you driving? I'm curious but have theories as to how they accessed the wiring loom. By cutting the loom it would do sfa to the locks even electronic double locks seen on some cars will remain locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

My ex girlfriends focus was broken into like this. The loom was chopped in the drivers door and it popped open.

It was captured on cctv and the guys were in the car in seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I wonder if the op has the same car then..
    Thats strange how cutting the wires (all i'm assuming) would pop the locks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭nookie

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

happened a guy i work with on his 407. The deadlocks meant they couldn't get in. He came down the following morning and the car opened as normal bar the drivers door which they sawed the wires on. He couldn't climb over the arm rest to drive the car but it started find. Had to call out the aa in the end to tow it. Only when it got to the dealers they noticed that there was a small scratch on the wing.

Anyway, i wouldn't go welding anything in or around the doors. They'll be useless for a start and if you had a smash i wouldn't fancy stray bits of metal popping up in the footwells...

Advertisement