Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Concrete Block walls

• 28-07-2009 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm doing assessment of a house (early 1950's) and it appears to be constructed of solid concrete block. Appear to be 9" block laid on the flat.

Has anyone come across this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Yes quite common for the period . Sometimes mass concrete was used .

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CCR

In one of the rooms of this house there is 25mm insulation and plasterboard on the inside of the wall. What thermal conductivity would I use for this insulation as it has been there quite a while,have no idea how long and house is unoccupied. TGD 2008 values?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭holdfast

Sorry very basic question there, firstly are sure it has been insulated can you check out side verus inside dims use other ways. If you are sure it there then try and find out when it was put up if not use the worst value for such a material. Treat as a seperate walll in deap and in put area and u-values. If unsure tell the client that you can proof that and use u value for the rest of the wall.

Take my advise to read part L, deap manual and learn how to work out u values. Is the best advise I can give you if as you seem to be unsure of a basic assessment. No offence meant.

Advertisement