Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got my new licence today

Options
  • 28-07-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

got a subsequent licence today its valid for 3 days works out at e2 a day,last year if you got your licence in july it lasted the year,i feel sorry for the lads who applied for rifles. talked to the fo about the new 3 yr licence, he only knows wat he s herd on the grapevine nothing official has come from the park, he reckons its going to be fun and games for the nxt few weeks though,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why do the Gardaí bother issuing licences with such sort validity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Why do the Gardaí bother issuing licences with such sort validity?
    They used to issue permits to get you through to the next licence period and save you a few bob. I'd say the reason they are issuing a licence instead now is to get you onto the system so that you can be included in the changeover.

The possibility of some people getting left out get higher the closer we get to renewal time and the new forms aren't on stream yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Meyer

rrpc wrote: »
    They used to issue permits to get you through to the next licence period and save you a few bob. I'd say the reason they are issuing a licence instead now is to get you onto the system so that you can be included in the changeover.

The possibility of some people getting left out get higher the closer we get to renewal time and the new forms aren't on stream yet.

I'd say that's the reason as well, and I know if it were me I'd rather have a licence for a few days and have to pay for it rather than have to begin from scratch with the new forms.

Advertisement