Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting weird phonecalls from +23480 number

• 28-07-2009 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Not sure if this is the right forum to post, but i keep getting strange calls from a +23480 number. I've gotten 8 of these calls in the last week or two, but i have not answered any of them.

According to google, this number is a nigerian number, and is probably a scam. Can anyone confirm this? What should i do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

+234 is nigeria alright.

block incoming intl calls on yer phone maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Coming from Nigeria it is most likely a scam. I wouldn't answer them, get onto your network and let them know its happening, then if you want to take it further and get the number blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 b.skytower

Just DON'T answer any of them !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

dude, answer the call and mess with the scammer, its great fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

thorbarry wrote: »
    dude, answer the call and mess with the scammer, its great fun

Very true. I always do with with emails. At least when they're chatting with me then they're not harassing anybody else :pac:

keeping on thread, it would be wise to block international calls. Just ask your provider.

• Advertisement
Advertisement