Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl fake offers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

i've noticed that myself in my local Lidl.
    Not a sale at all

I guess they are learning from local competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Looks like the system they have always has a before and after price if if they are they same.

they special offers don't actually say you are saying anything over the normal price whereas when the before and after prices differ it does say the savings

It is a bit deceiving but I'd put it down to a bad online system rather than trying to get one over on a customer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

It is a special offer as these are one off specials at a good price, the reason there is no discounted price is that they haven't sold these items at a higher before so there is no store previous higher price to quote. They could follow the supervalue model and get old wine that is past its best label it up at twice the price its worth and tell you that its on special offer at half price even though they have never sold it at full price :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I noticed these fake offers on the website and in the shop too.
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.wfo.Index

Some of the items are reduced from the original price to the original price, great!

My Fav - Bishop's Finger ale €2.99 in local off licence, €1.99 in Lidl, so I say a genuine offer. But as said above it has not been on sale before in lidl, so they can't say "reduced from", even though so many carpet / tile / furniture places would have no probelm skirting the law on this style of advertising.

Advertisement