Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insignia Issues

• 28-07-2009 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys, newbie to this so I hope im in the right place. I recently purchased an Insignia SRI 160 with sat nav in the north. Im very happy with it, its a pleasure to drive. I do have one or two small issues and im wondering if anyone else has had any.
    1 . I have my I Pod connected via usb port. If you skip through the songs quickly it disconnects. Anyone else seen this? (its an I pod touch)
    2 . Slight vibrating noise coming from the ceiling on the passenger side on rough roads. If you put your hand on the roof lining it stops. Anyone seen this either?
    Not major problems just a little annoying on a new car.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've moved this to its own thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've an Opel Insignia SRi.

Don't have the CDC8000 (Sat Nav/USB) so can't comment on that.

As for the noise, I'd bring the car back. That doesn't sound right at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's probably just a bit of lose trim somewhere making the noise. Just be weary about where you bring it back to. Bring it to a dealer with a good name because the last thing you want is leaving a bunch of monkies go messing with interior bits. You could wind up with more rattles as a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 InsigniaSRI

Also re the Sat Nav it is excellent especially in 3D mode however it wont work unless the DVD is in it which means you cant play CDs at the same time. Not really an issue for me as I dont use CDs but maybe something to be aware of.....

That sounds like a fault too. You certainly got weird problems in your car.

• Advertisement

I got the issue with the sat nav sorted. Apparently there is an internal memory in the unit which you can download the maps to. Once this is done you can remove the DVD and use the CD player. I found this forum which deals with loads of Insignia stuff, very informative http://www.vodc.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=139

Now to get the vibration noise sorted!

It's interesting to read some of the "common faults" and issues people have.

The most interesting to me was about the auto-locking doors (or lack of) even though it's in the manual. It's something I meant to go back to the dealer and ask about, but never got around to.

Might be something to look in to now.

Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Paulw wrote: »
    It's interesting to read some of the "common faults" and issues people have.

The most interesting to me was about the auto-locking doors (or lack of) even though it's in the manual. It's something I meant to go back to the dealer and ask about, but never got around to.

Might be something to look in to now.

Thanks for the link.

On the corsa there is a way of activating this yourself. It involves moving and holding both the indicator and wiper stalks in a certain sequence an reveal a hidden menu on the dash....
    The menus are described as P1 - follow me home lights, P2 - auto lock at 10kmph .....etc through to P6

I wonder does the Insignia might have a similar system?

On the corsa there is a way of activating this yourself. It involves moving and holding both the indicator and wiper stalks in a certain sequence an reveal a hidden menu on the dash....

I wonder does the Insignia might have a similar system?

If you work out the sequence, let me know. ;)

I may just contact the dealer and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

^^^

According to the owners manual (which I just happen to have here) you set the auto locking by:

Press the Config button (RHS of Radio)
    Select Vehicle Settings
    Select Comfort & Convenience
    Select Door Locks

Should be a setting in there for Auto Door Locks on / off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

OMFG IT VIBRATES AND MAKES NOISE ON ROUGH ROADS - its defnitly b0rKed you should get an immediate refund and an apology from the CEO of GM. Drill an 8mm hole in the headlining over the passengers head and fill it with polyurethane foam - that'll sort it...

Them Norn Iron cars aren't built proper like the ones we have down here. Wind-up windows, no passenger door mirror and lovely cloth upholstery is what you need...

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

OMFG IT VIBRATES AND MAKES NOISE ON ROUGH ROADS - its defnitly b0rKed you should get an immediate refund and an apology from the CEO of GM. Drill an 8mm hole in the headlining over the passengers head and fill it with polyurethane foam - that'll sort it...

Them Norn Iron cars aren't built proper like the ones we have down here. Wind-up windows, no passenger door mirror and lovely cloth upholstery is what you need...

'cptr

Take it easy, no one appriciates smart comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

'cptr

Less of that please. Come on we don't want to end up like all the other motoring websites and their elitist bullcrap.

R.O.R wrote: »
    According to the owners manual (which I just happen to have here) you set the auto locking by:

I know what it says in the owners manual, however, on the console of the car, when you go in to the options, it's just not there.

That's what a number of people have posted (on that other site), and it's the same on my car.

I know what it says in the owners manual, however, on the console of the car, when you go in to the options, it's just not there.

That's what a number of people have posted (on that other site), and it's the same on my car.

The pics in the manual don't look like the standard display. Next time I get one up I'll have a play around and see if I can get there.

There are 3 different displays/consoles for the Insignia - the CD 300, the CDC 400 (which I have), and DVD 800 Navi (with SatNav).

I think the manual is for the basic CD 300, since all cars have that menu system as the basic.

There are 3 different displays/consoles for the Insignia - the CD 300, the CDC 400 (which I have), and DVD 800 Navi (with SatNav).

I think the manual is for the basic CD 300, since all cars have that menu system as the basic.

Is the Radio display on the CDC 400 different than the CD300? Only one I've upgraded the Radio on got the full Nav, but that went from Cork so I didn't see it.

I think the display on the CD 300 and CDC 400 are the same.

The DVD 800 Navi is different (colour, larger screen, etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

If you work out the sequence, let me know. ;)

I may just contact the dealer and see what they say.

The following is for my corsa. I've no idea if it will work for any other opel car

P1 - Welcome lights, off/on - headlights, rear light & reg plate lights come on when you unlock car
    P2 - Auto Rear wiper, off/on - rear wiper starts when you put it into reverse and the front wipers are on
    P3 - Touch control for indicators, off/on - 3 flashes for lane change instead of constant flashing when on
    P4 - Automatic door & tailgate locking, off/on - doors lock when you reach about 10mph
    P5 - Separate driver door unlocking, off/on - one click opens all doors & boot when switched off
    P6 - Speed limiter warning, off/speed - either switched off or comes on when you go over the selected speed
    P7 - Warning tones volume, 1-5, volume of the the indicator beeps

dsc00727s.th.jpg dsc00726.th.jpg

R.O.R wrote: »

Press the Config button (RHS of Radio)
    Select Vehicle Settings
    Select Comfort & Convenience
    Select Door Locks

Should be a setting in there for Auto Door Locks on / off.

When I go in to the menu system, and go to Vehicle Settings, there is an option for "Power Door Locks".

3772941260_bd09c25a34.jpg

But, according to the manual, inside I should have the options for auto door lock. It's not there.

3772134913_f799816ae6_o.jpg

But, all I have is "Stop door lock if door open" and "Delayed door lock". Neither of which seem to have any effect on anything, since they're supposed to relate to the auto door locking function.

3772941358_5d1a2b181d_o.jpg

So ... no option there. No auto locking function at all.

• Advertisement

From browsing around, this seems to be a common enough issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

'cptr
    if fairness i think this post was supposed to be a joke

'cptr

Its not that bad, barely noticable, if it wasnt a new car you wouldnt even hear it! Im gonna investigate this weekend and I will let you know how I get on. If this is the biggest problem I ever have with it I will be well happy!
    BTW no problem with USB disconnecting when I use a memory stick. It must be a compatibility issue with the I Pod.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

AFAIK the Siggy isn't just a new car, let alone a refresh, but a new platform. Those always have teething issues with the early units before the first Known Issues are found (the hard way) and design fixes start trickling in...

Some recalls are pretty epic - remember the Clio flying bonnet thingy a while back? ;) Just be glad that a dodgy trim piece is your only annoyance :)

Solitaire wrote: »
    AFAIK the Siggy isn't just a new car, let alone a refresh, but a new platform. Those always have teething issues with the early units before the first Known Issues are found (the hard way) and design fixes start trickling in...

Well, I hope there is a service update to fix those little issues soon. The little things add up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

Currently vauxhall have an updated software for the above.
    This will cure current issues with the sat nav and losing time on the screen.

GM have not released what issues it will cure as we believe there is to many to mention with the current sat nav. Vauhall dealers are advised to update during service or any complaint with the sat nav.

Not quite sure if this is update is with Opel dealers as they are usually 2-3 months behind Luton.

At least they are releasing updates.

Hopefully there are updates for more than just the Sat Nav versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I have the same annoying rattle in the insignia. Its getting to the stage where I want to attack the roof lining with gaffer tape to sort it.

Advertisement