Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Ireland tears up the channel

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I think he may be, ever so subtly, implying that not many people link to 3 products and/or services.

That may be so,, but could be for a reason :D

*(that people dont like three's service, not directly trying to effect their busioness uptake ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Now why on earth would people do that? :D

Anyway, if there is any hint of bias towards any operator, please do let me or any of the other mods know.

I know, I can't think why either. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

One of the benifits o2 claim you will have by buying into an o2 frachise..

Access to exclusive O2 products and services, such as Apple iPhone

...well at least I didn't buy into the hype, it kind of explains why o2 were in such a hurry to get people to sign up, the franchise looks a lot less attractive now, not that it ever looked attractive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Indeed. O2 is gone to the dogs now. They are now censoring the internet with their midband offering. Count yourself lucky you didn't buy in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

lol, I was just reading that thread, It sounds like there blocking file sharing websites, I doubt there doing it because the don't want people accessing the sites, I'd say network overload is the real reason behind the move..You don't add 100,000 broadband customer to your network and expect it to still work properly...
    When you see people switching back to 3 your know there in trouble:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

When you see people switching back to 3 your know there in trouble:D

Somehow I doubt O2 will be in that much trouble. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 geri213

Did not know this was country wide. I know a few shops were told that they had to refurb their shops at their own expense and then pay O2 a huge amount (€100k+) and only allowed sell O2 products. Failure to do this would mean the lost the right to sell O2 products.

hey guys i have recently left o2 as an ast mgr the reason they pulled out of independent stores is because of the shocking customer care and believe me we get the backlash off it so the 100k to buy a franchise is a strategic move as any one that buys it is an o2 store it is trained by o2 and has all the support any main o2 store would have>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

geri213 wrote: »
    hey guys i have recently left o2 as an ast mgr the reason they pulled out of independent stores is because of the shocking customer care and believe me we get the backlash off it so the 100k to buy a franchise is a strategic move as any one that buys it is an o2 store it is trained by o2 and has all the support any main o2 store would have>

I find that slightly offensive but then again I dont care now that I dont have to deal with 02. And even if that were the case why didnt they drop CPW, because in my experience they're pretty useless and not as well trained as other places! Just my 2c's;)

Advertisement