Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to change disks, pad and a wheel bearing?

• 28-07-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an old renault megane 1.4 2001, going ok but was off the road for quiet some time as I got a new car. Just getting it going now for my girlfriend who is only learning to drive.

I replaced the car battery myself on it which was dead and just got it serviced from a renault dealer.

However the told me that I need new disk breaks, pads and a o/s/r wheel bearing.

They are charging me 320 euro for replacing the disk breaks and 250 euro for replacing the bearing.

Do you think this is good value or would you suggest shopping around?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Shop around, brake disks, pads and a rear wheel bearing are not huge jobs and if you buy the parts from somewhere like GSFcarparts you might get them for <100 quid. Add labour from an indy garage to that and it should end up costing you half what the main dealer is quoting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Were they wearing masks by any chance?

Go to your local motor factors, get the parts and get them fitted at an independent reliable garage

Advertisement