Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economic benefits of the Spire?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

As things go its not as bad as it could have been.Anyone remember millenium clock in the Liffey? ...oh..uh...

I dont think it has any economic benefits at all. It replaced historical monument (you might hate it but it is part of the history and as such should be preserved so next generations never forget) with something equalent to pair of trainers hanging over the phone wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Do Spire souvenirs come in pairs? I mean only selling a tourist one chopstick seems a bit mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dubcitycentre

Still flogging this dead horse i see. People have precious little else to be doing than complaining about, well, just about anything. I happen to think the spire is a really cool structure. Its modern, different and when you walk past it, it is impressive. And comparisons to an IV needle is so old and predictable at this stage. As for it being a waste of money, it pales into insignificance compared to the monumenatal waste by this and previous governments...how much has been wasted on tribunals? Anyone remember the fiasco waste of the elctronic voting system? At least this "waste" is serving the purpose for which it was intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Yixian

It's interesting, tourists like it and if you take your Dulchie-tinted-shades off, you'll like it too. Quit complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

I hope that was was a pun.

The spire is made from stainless steel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Terra

I guess it saves the surrounding buildings from having to install lightening rods.

But that's about all...

Maybe it could be used to start a nice revolution.

Yeah pull down the spire....or mount something on the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Terra wrote: »
    I guess it saves the surrounding buildings from having to install lightening rods.

But that's about all...

Maybe it could be used to start a nice revolution.

Yeah pull down the spire....
    or mount something on the top.
    BERTIE?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Libertyed

Great Idea, lets all hang, the fat cats in the dail, thats a good place to start, aye?:mad:

Advertisement