Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arts grade qs

Options
  • 28-07-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I got a decent 2.1 in second year arts - is it realisticly possible to push my overall degree up to a 1.1?

Is it 50%-50%?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Hi.

I got a decent 2.1 in second year arts - is it realisticly possible to push my overall degree up to a 1.1?

Is it 50%-50%?

Thanks.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by a "decent 2.1", what's that? For all I know, that could be 3 or 3.67. If you give your exact gpa, then we can work out how much you need to get to get a first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

3.12 in the first semester and a Semester Two GPA of 3.20

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Good News: It's possible.

Bad News: You'll need to get Straight A+s next year. Theonly way to make it to a First (GPA of 3.68) is to get a 4.2 for final year. Anything less than that, and you'll be looking at a high 2.1

(Note: This assumes it's a 50:50 weighting between 2nd and 3rd year, which is what I believe it is)

so that is 76% and upwards in all modules?

doable

thanks very much

what constitutes a's in ucd?

is that 76% and upwards???

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

what constitutes a's in ucd?

is that 76% and upwards???

thanks

70-73 is A-
    74-76% is A
    77-80% is an A+

At least I think thats it. Unfortunately conchubhar you probably wont get the 1st class honours degree. One essay below an A and you probably wont be able to get an A+ in that grade. Many lecturers are hard markers and you will need to get 12 A pluses out of 12 subjects. There is nothing wrong with the 2.1 I am sure you will get. It'll get you 99% of masters degrees in Ireland in your particular field.

Advertisement