Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

a Socially Awkward Penguin
    Another /b/tard in here? You need to get a Batchelor Frog or Courage Wolf too:pac:

I had something really simple today as was not feeling hungry, soup and sandwiches...

I was jsut like...get out, all of you :pac:
    I showed that ****er of a tin, it was like there was blood all over my hands from teh tomatoey goodness and he enjoyed what was left lol

LOL

Lads, get one of these to open your jars :pac: We actually have one in the apartment, causing much lulz. We also have a blow up doll called Gingy and a Socially Awkward Penguin, so really it's just adding to the oddness :D

On topic, I had some veggie lasagne for dinner yesterday! Twas lovely.

http://www.ineedahandjob.com/Handjob/Order_Your_Handjob!.html :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moonbaby wrote: »
    LOL
    They actually left the room too

Best url name ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Another /b/tard in here? You need to get a Batchelor Frog or Courage Wolf too:pac:

Maybe... :pac: I want a Courage Wolf now! I might buy a wolf teddy and call if that ^_^

I already have one :o My housemate stole it off her boyfriend :D They actually work really well!

I had a bagel with rocket, cheese, and red onion when I was out in town today, mmm! And ice-cream too, I don't think I'll be able to eat for a week after that haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I bought so much yummy stuff in M&S the other day! <3 Lots of 3 for 7 euro goodness!

Today I had refried bean mini tacos and baby potatoes, so nice!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lemon & coriander cous cous, mixed beans, seeds, corn, peas, pepper, green beans, soy sauce and water mmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Noodles with chopped tomatoes, onions, spinach and toasted seeds-pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and what I think were linseeds. Quite nice if I do say so myself.

That tesco pack of spinach is killing me though, it's €1.39 or something for a massive bag, but once you have it you have to use it in everything or else end up throwing loads out, which I hate doing.

I'm feeling you on the spinach thing! Its insanely big!

I had spaghetti bolognaise last night, because I was feeling lazy.

It's all about the frozen spinach!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

For 1st dinner I had pizza and garlic bread in Apache Pizza, for 2nd dinner I had a small plate with some of everything in Govindas, with cheesecake for dessert :D

• Advertisement

Somebody spoiled themselves! sounds like the perfect day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I had a veggie burger from McDs in Frankfurt airport yesterday for 1.10e, they have them here too?

Dunno, have one in BK/supermacs too I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I had a veggie burger from McDs in Frankfurt airport yesterday for 1.10e, they have them here too?

I don't think they do, to be honest.
    I noticed that when I first moved over here from Germany some years back.
    BK have a sort of bean burger, but the one time I tried those I found it so disgusting I didn't even finish it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Anyway, I had quiche with mushrooms, spring onions, swiss chard and smoked cheese, with pan-fried baby potatoes.
    Not the healthiest, but oh so yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Shenshen wrote: »
    I don't think they do, to be honest.
    I noticed that when I first moved over here from Germany some years back.
    BK have a sort of bean burger, but the one time I tried those I found it so disgusting I didn't even finish it... :(

Ye it was all right for only 1.10e but not the best thing to be eating, also not so great since there were no beans in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I've been eating veggie chilly every day for about the last month, I think I have a problem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

Pasta and chickpeas = ultimate student vegetarian dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

That tesco pack of spinach is killing me though, it's €1.39 or something for a massive bag, but once you have it you have to use it in everything or else end up throwing loads out, which I hate doing.

I hate when you buy a massive bag thinking it's loads of spinach and then you steam it and it's only a tiny amount. That's why I only eat it as a salad vegetable now!

All about the frozen baby spinach, nomnomnom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I know what you mean about the spinach! Think I'll try the same. Is it not very tasteless in a salad?

I've been eating veggie chilly every day for about the last month, I think I have a problem :pac:
    Depends on how strong the chillies are. I wonder about how good it is to have very spicy food over an extended period of time? What are the advantages and disadvantages. I'd live on spicy food (and do) but sometimes wonder if I'll pay for it in the long run? Tastes gorgeous though.

watna wrote: »
    I hate when you buy a massive bag thinking it's loads of spinach and then you steam it and it's only a tiny amount. That's why I only eat it as a salad vegetable now!
    sorry, I forgot to quote the original quote in my last post. Just wondering about the taste of spinach in a salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

overmantle wrote: »
    sorry, I forgot to quote the original quote in my last post. Just wondering about the taste of spinach in a salad.

It's yum. I use it instead of lettuce now because it's got iron etc in it and isn't watery like lettuce is. I find the taste much less strong then when it is cooked. I like the taste of spinach but do agree it can be strong sometimes. Eeating it uncooked is much nicer.

I use baby spinach leaves. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

goat's cheese, tomato and pine nut charlote.
    From the Cafe Paradiso cookbook:) yummmmmm

what's a charlote and that sounds awesome.

had bbq last night so corn on the cobbs, chickeny burgers and hot dogs are teh meal of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

It's kinda like a souffle I think. And its YUMMY

More confusing words :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

watna wrote: »

Unless you GIY! Had a full 2 ltr saucepan full straight from the garden last night which shrunk down to a yogurt pot full, added olive oil, salt and nutmeg - unbelievably tasty - went well with the mashed spuds and homemade chili bean burgers. Chard is similar to spinach but doesn't wilt so have a go at that sometime. Both chard and spinach taste amazing in a smoothie made with pineapple, banana, seaweed and water - much better than orange juice in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

A charlotte is a mixture of vegetables, cheese and eggs, baked in a small mold so it looks like a little cylinder when plated up - very nice they are too

Advertisement