Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Oh! That looks delicious! And beautiful :) I really have to get down to Cork to visit Cafe Paradiso...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Vegetable korma, dal tarka and pilau rice, mmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Adam anto wrote: »
    Thanks to the wonders of the Cafe Paradiso book.

Hello

/waves at kettle :pac:

Dal tarka + pilau rice - dal tarka :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Hello

I'd love some.

Currently attempting some late night frying of tofu as it's the only thing in the apartment. Starvin' like.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adam anto

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Hello

It's not a reflection. There are little people living in our kettle..

Pizza last night with a side of beer and a dash of TV....

• Advertisement

Oh! That looks delicious! And beautiful :) I really have to get down to Cork to visit Cafe Paradiso...

Haven't been down in a couple of years. Last time we went down we stayed in their B+B. Jazz CD's in each room. Magical little minibar with all sorts of goodies. Class stuff indeed and a breakfast to die for.

Adam anto. :)

What is that exactly?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Adam anto. :)

What is that exactly?

Twas an 'Almond pastry galette of wilted spinach, Knockalara sheep's cheese (we had to use feta) and crushed potato with tomato-cardamom relish.'

It was also very very tasty. We used a bit to much filo but it still worked out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Does 4am count as last night? Well I had falafel and chips...it was nice :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I ahdn't eaten for 20 hours and that falafel filled me so much! mmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

I ahdn't eaten for 20 hours and that falafel filled me so much! mmm

where did ye get the falaferl??

Iskanders I think it is called. Just some takeaway. 5am eatin' mmm. There is a falafel meal in sultan, chips, drink, falafel wrap for 7.90, mmm I like that.

Iskanders I think it is called. Just some takeaway. 5am eatin' mmm. There is a falafel meal in sultan, chips, drink, falafel wrap for 7.90, mmm I like that.

c'est ou ce sultan?

and iskanders, nom nom

Sultan is on georges street, tehy are very similar places

Sultan is on georges street, tehy are very similar places

ah grand so, i can't picture it, but i'll look out for it. in fairness, anything tastes good at that time!

http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/sultan-kebab-restaura-17769
    tada!

Think it has red paint now, not sure

ah sorry, yeh totally know it, must have walked by 500 times, but ever even been in. sometimes a bit oblivious! thanks :D

Hmm big day for me, I used chop sticks for the first time and also first time I like pepper mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Don't normally post here.... but hey, I had an interesting veggie meal to night....

Vietnamese rice paper rolls, made with avocado, peppers, rocket, spring onion and wasabi. Easy to make, and looks impressive...

Served with sweet chilli sauce....

Tomorrow, back to pasta.

Mmm sounds deadly! Sweet chilli sauce is addictive stuff

• Advertisement

Dinkie wrote: »
    Don't normally post here.... but hey, I had an interesting veggie meal to night....

Vietnamese rice paper rolls, made with avocado, peppers, rocket, spring onion and wasabi. Easy to make, and looks impressive...

sounds delish, recipe?
    Tomorrow, back to pasta.
    :D

Hmm big day for me, I used chop sticks for the first time and also first time I like pepper mmm

I've only really started to add pepper to food in the last 2 years, now i'm hooked. i have it in everything!

sounds delish, fair play! recipe?
    Tomorrow, back to pasta.
    :D

Just threw a whole bunch of veg in the frying pan with some pesto sauce and had some cabbage on the side. Gonna go into town tomorrow and buy myself a food processor so I can make my own sauces. Sick of all the **** they add into store bought ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

^ I would happily marry my food processor! Life without it would be rubbish.

Thank you Moulinex for many, many lovely meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

cant stop eating dry muesli at my desk in work, i wont be able to have dinner at this rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Had wraps with lettuce, quorn chicken pieces and cheese with mayo. Yummeh!

Veggie Korma with lentils, onion, garlic, peas, broccoli, cabbage on the side, and best of all, home made korma sauce!

40647_421127168859_544473859_4831104_2212027_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Its actually really easy to make.

This is a link to one of the recipes in case my explanation isn't clear:

http://entertaininganytime.typepad.com/sparkling_ink/2010/04/-rice-paper-rolls-.html

Buy rice paper and glass noodles in any asian shop (v. cheap). You can buy round or square rice paper. I buy square as i find it easier to roll.
    1. Put the glass noodles into a bowl of boiling water
    2. Chop up what ever veg you like into strips (like you were making sushi).
    3. Mix some mayo and wasabi together
    4. Put a sheet of the rice paper into warm water until soft enough to fold (takes about 10 seconds).
    5. Dry off sheet. (there are some good youtube videos if you are not sure).
    6. In centre of sheet slather some mayo/wasabi mix
    7. On top of that add your vege
    8. Fold like a burrito
    It can dry out, so if your not eating it straight away, put a damp clean teatowel over it.

Dip it in sweet chilli sauce or what ever you feel like.

I do most things by feel, look and touch, so don't actually know what quantities of everything I used - sorry.

Any type of vege can be used.

Its actually really easy to make.

This is a link to one of the recipes in case my explanation isn't clear:

http://entertaininganytime.typepad.com/sparkling_ink/2010/04/-rice-paper-rolls-.html

Buy rice paper and glass noodles in any asian shop (v. cheap). You can buy round or square rice paper. I buy square as i find it easier to roll.
    1. Put the glass noodles into a bowl of boiling water
    2. Chop up what ever veg you like into strips (like you were making sushi).
    3. Mix some mayo and wasabi together
    4. Put a sheet of the rice paper into warm water until soft enough to fold (takes about 10 seconds).
    5. Dry off sheet. (there are some good youtube videos if you are not sure).
    6. In centre of sheet slather some mayo/wasabi mix
    7. On top of that add your vege
    8. Fold like a burrito
    It can dry out, so if your not eating it straight away, put a damp clean teatowel over it.

Dip it in sweet chilli sauce or what ever you feel like.

I do most things by feel, look and touch, so don't actually know what quantities of everything I used - sorry.

Any type of vege can be used.

sounds great, andd very clear instructions thanks. Think i will try this on the wknd :D

• Advertisement

Tarka Daal made from scratch!

46058_422232133859_544473859_4854553_2357485_n.jpg

Advertisement