Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hmmm, definitely gonna have to check it out now :D Those pictures on the site are so intriguing after all >_>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

boards meetup >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

roastsweetpepper.jpg

roast sweet pepper stuffed with parsnips, mushrooms, courgettes with spinach and sun dried tomatoes and a mustard, balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mmm they so good

valentar
    >_>

nutroast, stuffed mushrooms, mousse, wine et la potato a la tar

SAM_0302.jpg

SAM_0300.jpg

/mood lighting

SAM_0294.jpg

also this was lovely from clerys!

clerys_window3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

The realisation that rocket can be used as a herb has changed my life. I'm forever buying it and never used it as a herb until I saw it in a recipe today. So nom.

Just cooked pasta, with a garlicy-lemony-rockety sauce. And bits of smoked tofu. So unbelievably good.

Also, cooked a week's worth of chickpeas to add into everything. Chickpea salad with pretty much the same sauce for lunch tomorrow. Nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

bythewoods wrote: »
    The realisation that rocket can be used as a herb has changed my life. I'm forever buying it and never used it as a herb until I saw it in a recipe today. So nom.

Just cooked pasta, with a garlicy-lemony-rockety sauce. And bits of smoked tofu. So unbelievably good.

Also, cooked a week's worth of chickpeas to add into everything. Chickpea salad with pretty much the same sauce for lunch tomorrow. Nom nom nom.

Recipe?

I made this Tuscan Bean soup last night, with two days worth of leftovers for lunch. Twas delish, even though I've always been wary of leeks.

I made burritos tonight. OHMYGODSOGOOD.

Onion, garlic, bits of potato, sweetcorn, chickpeas, yellow pepper, a tin of tomato and a RAKE of herbs and spices left cooking for close to an hour.

I then made guacamole (One of my favourite things to make! So easy too! Really ripe avocado, onion, garlic, lemon/lime juice, tabasco and salt/pepper whizzed up together. I hate bought stuff, but would die for this. NOM.)

Along with some bits of cucumber, chucked into a wrap. So messy. SO GOOD.

And I have enough of everything left over to have at least 2 more dinners worth. Oh NOM.
    Recipe?

It's a mixture of this recipe and another one I found... somewhere...

It's simple enough really. Onion and LOTS of garlic, plus lots of herbs (the rocket working particularly well) and anything else you have to chuck in. Delish. Although I used a little less oil than they recommended.

valentar
    >_>

nutroast, stuffed mushrooms, mousse, wine et la potato a la tar

'what is this ****'

'here gimme a look at dis'

/mood lighting

'OMMNONOMONOM' (here comes the airplane, that's not steam, think more of jets)

also this was lovely from clerys!

:O heyuuuhhhhh dun make me wallpaper the place with pics of you --_--

did taste yummy

theres still leftovers in the fridge if anyone interested :/

garlic potatoes, roast veg and a pie, this is gonna be sweeeeet! took 2 hours to get this ready heh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

IMG_4842.jpg

cherry tomato and pea curry with coconut rice.

ngl, it was actually amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

IMG_4842.jpg

cherry tomato and pea curry with coconut rice.

ngl, it was actually amazing.

looks yum! how did you make coconut rice? I've been wanting to try it

was just gona ask about the coconut rice too, you added coconut milk or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Tonight it's going to be some baked spuds with baked beans - the difference being (excuse pun) that these are homemade baked beans - haricot beans, onion, garlic, allspice, molasses, mustard, tomato passata, bay leaves and for a bit of spice chilies. Should be ready in about an hour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Miso noodles with broccoli, kale, courgette, adzuki beans and sunflower seeds. I based it on this recipe.

Miso is fun, I like it a lot, first time cooking with it properly.

164121D1EC8E4511BBA76ECDE7594647-0000329149-0002211617-00500L-33D811F8436349BB8E4F81B28CCC94DE.jpg

Picture is strangely blue.

Broke my arm during the week, so have been mastering the art of one handed cooking....
    ie, tins of soups and takeaways.

Came home for the weekend and my mother's been spoiling me! She's a trained chef, but always refuses to cook my silly dairy-free veggie dinners, so this is now an ultimate treat. Om nom nom. Last night, she made focaccia from scratch, and various salads with rices, cous cous, beans and so on. Also weird bean pie things and lots of leafy salad. I almost died.

She's making me a quinoa, cashew nut and cranberry nut roast for tonight. And she bought Kale, so that'll pop up somewhere. Haven't been this excited about dinner in a long time! Don't want to go back to Dublin this week after all...!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

First time posting here. I'm easing my way in to vegetarianism and am two weeks in, and loving it. So here is what I made for dinner.. vegetable spaghetti. it was absolutely amazing!!

Image075_1.jpg

For breakfast this morning....

fried egg, mushrooms, halloumi, a quorn fish finger, spaghetti hoops and toast!

That's me for today

How have I only realised how deliciously simple cous-cous is to make NOW?

Unreal. Bit'a soy sauce and paprika, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas and stir fried veg mixed through it, and I had a gastronomic delight for dinner earlier, with enough left over for lunch tomorrow. Great times. Cous cous is the way forward, for sure.

Unreal. Bit'a soy sauce and paprika, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas and stir fried veg mixed through it, and I had a gastronomic delight for dinner earlier, with enough left over for lunch tomorrow. Great times. Cous cous is the way forward, for sure.

It should be the easiest thing to make ever but I'm so bad at it :confused::(

• Advertisement

Mmm couscous, so easy to make, and some people revere you when they learn you are good at it :p

--LOS-- wrote: »
    It should be the easiest thing to make ever but I'm so bad at it :confused::(

But it's essentially... pot noodle? Just add boiling water and BOOM! Dinner!

But it's essentially... pot noodle? Just add boiling water and BOOM! Dinner!

you would think that wouldn't you but it's just never as nice when I try to make it, makes me feel a bit special :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I love cous-cous with roast veg and feta. Or even just roast veg without the cheese. Not a veggie but would eat this until it came out my ears. Nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Shouldn't have opened this thread. Lunch is so far away :(

Also, cous-cous is mank!

Had Burger King for dinner tonight. First time getting a BK since I went veggie (6 years ago, at least...?)... Unreal.

The bean burger. Actually proper unreal. With chips. And Fanta. Like, christ-so-good. Wish I hadn't done it because now I know I'm going to want to go back again some time. Like, maybe later on, seeing as it's open all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I recently become a fan of mushed up avocados.

For lunch I slap a load of cream cheese on a bread roll, mush/spread the avocado on top, sprinkle some finely chopped garlic, possibly some salt and whatever herbs are lying around and drizzle with olive oil (I am in Spain after all).

I usually have half left over so for dinner I mush it up, mix it with a spoonful of pesto and put in on pasta. It's so good and so quick, it's my go-to lazy dinner.
    I also had an avocado and strawberry smoothie the other day, which I plan to recreate 'cause it was amazing.

Made soup!

Soaked soya pieces, chickpeas and lentils over night. Then left them on heat for a few hours and blended. Added steamed parsnips, garlic and carrots. Then added tomatoes, mixture of goji berries, flaxseed etc and basil, pepper, salt, vegetable stock. yum!

Although i have enough for weeks ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Made nice baked lentil burger yokes there!
    Cooked up some red lentils and got as much of the water boiled off as possible without burning
    Mixed in: , finely chopped onion, two frozen waffles cut up in small pieces (making these before I grated in a potato but got caught short today), half a spoon of cumin, three cloves of chopped garlic, spoon of curry powder and some creamed coconut. Other things I've used are flour, ground almonds and vegemite. Forms a fairly thick and dryish paste.
    Then I patted that into three burger shaped things and put them in the oven for about 25 minutes. Nice little patties, I served them with salad but I think they'd be nice as actual burgers as well, though they can fall apart a little bit. Anyways they're delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Damn nacho cravings! I've had to cut down on the nacho bit and try to make it a bit healthier.

Last night we had leafy salad, raw carrot and broccoli, red and green peppers, a handful of nachos and loads of homemade salsa, guacamole and cheese dip. A few spoons of chilli quorn for me too. Washed down by half a tub of icecream :o

I'm in a cooking mood this evening. (my poor husband!)

Advertisement