Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Made nice baked lentil burger yokes there!
    Cooked up some red lentils and got as much of the water boiled off as possible without burning
    Mixed in: , finely chopped onion, two frozen waffles cut up in small pieces (making these before I grated in a potato but got caught short today), half a spoon of cumin, three cloves of chopped garlic, spoon of curry powder and some creamed coconut. Other things I've used are flour, ground almonds and vegemite. Forms a fairly thick and dryish paste.
    Then I patted that into three burger shaped things and put them in the oven for about 25 minutes. Nice little patties, I served them with salad but I think they'd be nice as actual burgers as well, though they can fall apart a little bit. Anyways they're delicious.
    Do you ground up the lentils or leave em whole? Your food always sounds so nice C-dawg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Ramen soup from Wagamama's cookbook- noodles, veg, nori, fried tofu, miso paste and vegetable stock. And some mini naans!

It. Was. AMAZING.

pvUzj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Do you ground up the lentils or leave em whole? Your food always sounds so nice C-dawg!

I just leave them whole, between the water being so cooked out and then the stirring they kind of get mashed up anyway. Aw thanks, I've loads of time to shop for food and cook atm, just wish I'd more money to do it with!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I got some of those quorn fish-less fingers and the tuna style cakes.

Fricken amazing.

So last night I had fingers, mushy peas and a mountain of potato, and tonight I had a tuna cake and salad (with some nachos :o). I made banoffee - bad idea, way too rich for anything but a tiny slice so 3/4 of it is going to go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I had this http://www.theppk.com/2010/11/butternut-rancheros/ last night.

I had the beans ready in the cupboard but forgot to soak them Sunday night so I ended up just using canned red kidney beans. I made it the other week with the black beans and it was yum - the red beans were ok but I prefer the balck ones.

The butternut was really sweet and I roasted the seeds too for snacking.

All topped off with some quickly stir fried shredded savoy cabbage it was yummy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

flikflak wrote: »
    I had this http://www.theppk.com/2010/11/butternut-rancheros/ last night.

I had the beans ready in the cupboard but forgot to soak them Sunday night so I ended up just using canned red kidney beans. I made it the other week with the black beans and it was yum - the red beans were ok but I prefer the balck ones.

The butternut was really sweet and I roasted the seeds too for snacking.

All topped off with some quickly stir fried shredded savoy cabbage it was yummy!

looks amazing, i'm definitley gonna give this a try thanks! i like black beans, kidney beans frighten me

and the website is really cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Lentil Quiche...

Thank you Mammy. Om nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

bythewoods wrote: »
    Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Lentil Quiche...

Thank you Mammy. Om nom nom.

Sounds delicious! *drools* I don't know what lentil quiche looks like, but purple sprouting broccoli rocks :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Purple sprouting broccoli, lemon & tarragon butter sauce, toasted almonds

Portobello mushroom, butternut squash, beef tomato and Crozier blue cheese lasagne

Sticky toffee pudding with pecan nut & toffee sauce and vanilla cream

amazzzzinnnng

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

Portobello mushroom, butternut squash, beef tomato and Crozier blue cheese lasagne

amazzzzinnnng

pics or gtfo!

/drools

• Advertisement

The first thing I had there, is the nicest thing EVER. Was so amazing mmm.
    No pix, ate it too fast :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

amazzzzinnnng

put away your food thesaurus

/jealous >.<

Tonight I had... ;)

Punjabi Kadhi, saag paneer, Gobi Aaloo, rajma, paneer pakora + dip and a buttered nan.

mmmm

Damn you, I've had a paneer craving all day!

I had chana masala and brown rice. And chocolate chia pudding (with soy milk) for dessert!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Mezze type dinner!

Cous cous salad, caramelised ren onion hummus, grilled asparagus, tzatziki, halloumi fried in garlic, and brown pitta on the side. Nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

After super stressful day at work I made a yummy pot of veggie soup with spuds, leeks, carrots, parsnips, onions, mushrooms and turnip and along with that I got a nice big bap which I buttered and filled with vegan rashers hot off the grill! yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Because I'm in a really lazy mood I made rice soaked in coconut milk and had half a tin of black eyed peas:p
    Yummy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

My saturday night consisted of carrot and ginger soup (wot i made), whilst watching the last episode of The Crimson Petal and the White

5676162073_242ce4e5a9.jpg

basil_pesto.jpg

fresh egg spaghetti, homemade basil pesto, courgettes, asparagus, mixed beans, cherry tomatoes....yummy!
    First attempt to make pesto, didnt really use enough basil and had to use walnuts instead of pinenuts but it wasnt too shabby.

mmm home made basil

• Advertisement

mmm homemade tescos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Bought loads of really nice vegetables this week, planning to make loads of healthy dinners. However, the fact that it's exam season means I can't drag myself home from the library, so have ended up eating Burger King, Thai food takeaways and reduced-price salads and bread in Tesco all week instead... Very expensive, and very very very guilt-inducing.

Decided to use up the contents of my fridge this morning, so made a MASSIVE pot of soup-y stuff.
    Mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes, chickpeas, Pak choi, onions, garlic, carrots, baby potatoes, spring onions, fresh coriander and a handful of pasta... It's like a very twisted type of minestrone, or some strange vegetable stew thing. All I know is it's absolutely AMAZING, and I plan to live off it for the next few days.

Also made a potato salad with red onion, spring onion, baby potatoes, coriander and strange fake-mayo stuff that's been lurking in the fridge...which will no doubt be eaten whilst hiding out in college too.

Yay for organised noms.

Falafel in heated wrap with mayo, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, lemon juice

got these babies in tescos, think they are new there.....

058216.jpg?ts=634203637547

my gawd they are delicious and only 1.35 to make about 15 falafel.

Drool_4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Falafel in heated wrap with mayo, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, lemon juice

got these babies in tescos, think they are new there.....

058216.jpg?ts=634203637547

my gawd they are delicious and only 1.35 to make about 15 falafel.

Drool_4.gif

I've been eating these for months! Although I've only seen them in Tesco in Jervis St. and Artane. They're much cheaper and easier than making your own and they're nicer than any of my attempts.

I've been eating these for months! Although I've only seen them in Tesco in Jervis St. and Artane. They're much cheaper and easier than making your own and they're nicer than any of my attempts.

orly!
    This is the first time I've seen them in tescos Phibsboro and hopefully not the last, they're amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

--LOS-- wrote: »
    orly!
    This is the first time I've seen them in tescos Phibsboro and hopefully not the last, they're amazing!

Yeah they're lovely. They've been in stock consistently in the two I mentioned since I discovered them months ago. Lovely in some pita with salad leaves, tomato, red onion and hummus or tahini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Quinoa, cranberry and cashew salad with red onion and fennel, nut loaf and garlic-lemon baked potatoes (my contribution to the cooking!). I love mammy's dinners!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Califlower, Chickpea and Tomato Pasta Bake \o/

bb4a6_thumb.jpg

Jut making coddle for first time in years! mmmm

• Advertisement

I received Yotam Ottalenghi's Plenty cookbook last week, so today I made two potato vindaloo (with Greek yoghurt, coriander and Tilda brown basmati rice)! It took several hours of chopping and grinding and simmering, I'm bloody wrecked after it. But it was SERIOUSLY yum. So fragrant and spicy!

Advertisement