Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Yummy noises!!
    All veg*n and delish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh! what is it? yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

*Veggie Sheppard's Pie
    *Hummus(really unusual delicious hummus)
    *Quinoa/brocolli/mangetout salad thingy
    *Raw salad with ground seeds/nuts/beetroot & loads of other goodness

Was soooo delicious!! :)

nyom nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

So,

yesterday evening, fed myself & meat-etarian boyfriend:

Quorn meatballs cooked with onion,
    Garlic Mash
    Peas
    Gravy

was gawjus :D getting hungry again thinking about it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mm sounds so good. What is your garlic mash method. oooh i wnat your dinner now

pretty much stick the spuds onto boil, chop up a decent size clove garlic, pop that in for last few minutes, drain,
    add butter, milk, pinch salt & pepper, mash and enjoy the goodness ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah k good, nothin' fanceh. I usually just make that into potato au gratain but this sounds faster and yummy.

I'm making roast tomato and basil soup for lunch.

That is my favourite soup. If only Avoca would do it more often.

• Advertisement

this evening im making Veg Lasagne, made out of quorn type mince :D (differant brand)

Gonna be lovely:pac:

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm making roast tomato and basil soup for lunch.

i just got terrible tomato and basil soup in town. :(

I'm having some form of soup..with sweet corn, carrots, onions, mung beans, potato and who knows what else...and I'm dipping bread and jaffa cakes in it :p

soooo good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Sometimes I partake of a brown sauce, I must show you it some time, if I ever eat that meal again, unlikely eh :P

In case you were wondering where it went you left a bottle of brown sauce at my house if you still want it! It's about the only thing that didn't get eaten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Denver Red Toenail

I'm having some form of soup..with sweet corn, carrots, onions, mung beans, potato and who knows what else...and I'm dipping bread and jaffa cakes in it :p

soooo good

I had a toasted sammich with houmous, tomatoes, baby spinach, red onions and mayola :)

In case you were wondering where it went you left a bottle of brown sauce at my house if you still want it! It's about the only thing that didn't get eaten!
    An excuse for anohter trip to your house, let's go guys.
    I miss my sauce. I'm just out here too!

I had a toasted sammich with houmous, tomatoes, baby spinach, red onions and mayola :)
    Don't you .... me, it was delicious!

I just had jellybeans inside raw mushrooms before dinner.
    Dinner was mushrooms, potatoes, gravy, veggie shepards pie mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Peas, spicy potatoes and filo pastry wrap with left over stir fry in it then baked. YUM YUM

Then fruit salad :)

Sounds yummy, nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh man I had the most delicious dinner ever today. Normally I just have whatever isn't meat from our family meal but tonight (as well as giving me a lift from the station) my mam went and made me my own special meal. Awwww yeah. It was puff pastry base with caramelised onions, corgette, beef tomatoes and mozzerella all baked in the over until it was crispy and tasty. The pastry puffed up all around the veg so it looked like a tart kinda. Damn I should've taken a picture. And then she put mushrooms all over the top. Man it was savage. I love my mammy.:)

Govindas, bit of everything but rice for me!

• Advertisement

Oh Michellenman, that sounds amazing! I ended up having vegan version of e-z singles with spicy tomato salsa in a wrap toasted, and carrot sticks and peanut butter. :P Classy.

Ouh I never thought to dip carrot sticks in peanut butter....interesting!

I had pastry last night as well. Cheese and leek croissants.

Think I'm going to have barley risotto today, with beets and smoked tofu.

I'm about to make garlic potato soup for lunch, and with a poached egg.

House mate made me teh best dinner ever...it was a curry made with various mushrooms, veggie burgers and sweet potatoes. so yummy!

now i am frying leek+cheese veggie sausages, mushrooms and sweet potatoes for sandwiches, mmmm

Avocado sliced with lime juice squeezed over, put in a wrap, thrown into the sandwich maker. YUM!

And bean pasta leftovers from last night which definitly weren't tasty today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 comedyfish

I had fried noodles with grilled asparagus on top and drizzled with sweet chili sauce with a side of mixed beans and flat cap mushrooms stuffed with ricotta and olives

Yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Vegetarian burgers on a sesame seed bun with roasted onions and peppers and feta cheese. Served with roasted vegetables, including butternut squash, baby corn and peppers, and homemade chips with rosemary salt. Yummy scrummy.:D

ok, well my late night dinner was bok choy on (vegan) soda bread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SandieK

Last night I made the usual, quick meal - Pasta! Can't live without ish!!

1x person

Splash of olive oil
    1x tin of whole plum tomatoes
    2x cloves of garlic
    1x chili
    Handful of baby spinach
    Black pitted olives
    Basil - handful
    Pasta
    Salt / Black Pepper

Heat the oil in a pot and had the chopped garlic and chili. When you can smell it, had the tin tomatoes and season well.

Cook the pasta

Throw the olives, spinach and basil in just before you drain the pasta and stir so they heat through and wilt not losing the nutritionally value!!

Delicious, quick and satisfying!!!

You can submit/omit anything once you have the garlic and tomatoes really - if I have an onion, mozzarella, mushrooms etc in the fridge I just throw it in and aim to reach my 5 a day!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we had creamy butternut squash soup, topped with a little parmesan, and eaten with a soft roll and some cheddar.

• Advertisement

I was a busy lil chef this weekend

i made
    Quorn Fillet Curry ( i made the curry, not jarred stuff :))
    with yellow rice.

Was fabulous.

and i made Ciabatta Pizza - Tomato Puree, assorted peppers, red onion, fresh mozerella slices, chilli oil... and they are gorgeous...:D lord i want some right now...

Advertisement